Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

... and in the small print it say that the trail has to be affiliated to AMA? 

I don't think you'd have to be affiliated with AMA.  Rogue riding is something that all trails are dealing with.  So people will be more willing to put together a centralised database with no cost.  It will benefit everyone, especially with building good relationships with prospective landowners

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I cannot sing kum-ba-ja about these types of proposals. I have to question on how this would actually work and who would end up paying for this. 

You diss the idea because all the technicalities have not been ironed out?

It is an IDEA, people then need to take that idea and build on it etc etc.....

Think how you have a sandwich, you have an idea....peanut butter maybe, then you have to get the bread and decide do I toast it or not? Do I want butter or not....

Sorry, but I cannot sing kum-ba-ja about these types of proposals. I have to question on how this would actually work and who would end up paying for this. 

double posted :-(

... and in the small print it say that the trail has to be affiliated to AMA? 

Glass half empty again?

I think take an ad out about rogue riders, use a few pics of riders including these two. Ask the question, can you guess who is riding illegally? and then state the seriousness regarding the law jail term etc with regards to trespassing, or even that trespassers will be shot!!

One has to be brutal these day as no one gives a )(*(^(*&*^&*^( about the law and will just laugh in your face

Well said. The total disregard for authority or respect for civil society and the space that we share needs to be addressed, like it is here. Broken window policy. We need to S#$t the small stuff to address the bigger issues. Littering is another one. Shocking how supposedly educated family people teach their kids to litter. 

You diss the idea because all the technicalities have not been ironed out?

It is an IDEA, people then need to take that idea and build on it etc etc.....

Think how you have a sandwich, you have an idea....peanut butter maybe, then you have to get the bread and decide do I toast it or not? Do I want butter or not....

I question things. It is the only way to improve things. 

Maybe not, but lets get more and more ideas and put them on the table and evaluate each one rather than diss them right upfront.

There are many ideas I am sure.....but if everyone one get shot down right upfront people will stop sharing ideas here.

Maybe not, but lets get more and more ideas and put them on the table and evaluate each one rather than diss them right upfront.

There are many ideas I am sure.....but if everyone one get shot down right upfront people will stop sharing ideas here.

I have tried to be constructive with my comments. Our interpretation of 'dissing' clearly differs.

trail tags: its listed against riders names: its a central d'base. Bans can be added to that d'base to flag event entries as non-permissible. That automagically kicks transgressors out of all registered events for that tag. In fact, the d'base can feed into d'bases for all other tag systems. One or two will always slip through non-race events, but their involvement is severely constrained at the race level.

I've always liked the idea of snapscan like payments for day entries, instead of prancing around with a silly board.  But i do understand there's always that 'element' that will take advantage of systems based on trust.

I have tried to be constructive with my comments. Our interpretation of 'dissing' clearly differs.

Maybe, just remember that someone "perception" is their reality.... 

Something that I work on myself......

I used to carry my board in my camelbak as I have multiple bikes. I got kakked on from a dizzy height so now I have hundreds of cable ties.

Get pipe cleaners. as in smoking a pipe.

easy to twist on and off for multiple bike or trail use

Guest Omega Man

Well said. The total disregard for authority or respect for civil society and the space that we share needs to be addressed, like it is here. Broken window policy. We need to S#$t the small stuff to address the bigger issues. Littering is another one. Shocking how supposedly educated family people teach their kids to litter. 

This isn't just a Mountain biking thing. It seems to be a particularly South African Phenomenon. The rules only apply to the people on the other end of my pointing finger.

I'll overtake on a solid white line

I'll skip red traffic lights

I'll pay a metro cop a bribe

I'll lie on my tax return

I'll ride illegally on my 80k bike

But I'm still going to bitch about government corruption and failing infrastructure.

This problem is a lot bigger than two eggs on toothpicks riding illegally in Bloemendal I'm afraid.

The ban on someone rogue riding is no longer an "idea". It has been discussed and accepted by virtually all trail and event stakeholders in the Western Cape. Just a matter of time before someone finds themself unable to join a trail system or take part in events.

The ban on someone rogue riding is no longer an "idea". It has been discussed and accepted by virtually all trail and event stakeholders in the Western Cape. Just a matter of time before someone finds themself unable to join a trail system or take part in events.

Yep, it has been. I just don't know of anybody who's been added to the list yet. 

This isn't just a Mountain biking thing. It seems to be a particularly South African Phenomenon. The rules only apply to the people on the other end of my pointing finger.

I'll overtake on a solid white line

I'll skip red traffic lights

I'll pay a metro cop a bribe

I'll lie on my tax return

I'll ride illegally on my 80k bike

etc Etc.

and:

take short cuts over berms / corners on the spruit single track

Question nothing, fall for everything.

Archived