Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

Not mine but it's for sale and I'm considering selling a kidney!

attachicon.gif$_57001.jpg

That is a beaut. So well balanced it doesn't require a stand!

Edit: I see the photoshopped stand behind the rear wheel.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got a question, maybe the wrong thread but I dont want to start a new one just for this, I noticed after about 3 months of riding my 2014 Anthem X adv that the settings on the shock in CTD doesn't differ at all/ very little, I went to the shop, felt another bike and could feel the lock out or climb mode vs trail and descend, the owner of the shop also thought it would be best to send away under warranty, Fox now came back saying the shock is in spec, but they can set it to be stiffer but would cost about R500 , ideas? should the difference be very little, does it depend on the model? I ride 99.9999 % in trail but I could swear that I thought the lockout was better than the nude that I have on my 2014 Scott

no one?... question above.... really? ..... come on.... this is the hub after all :)

so did you feel a difference on the shop model shock? and you don't feel a difference on your own bike?

so did you feel a difference on the shop model shock? and you don't feel a difference on your own bike

the bike in the shop has a big difference on the climb setting vs trail and descend yes, I believe mine was better as well, but cant really remember because I never really lock / use climb mode, it was per chance that I found the settings doesn't really differ

In C it should be almost locked in T it should have a "valved" feel and in D it should be fully open.

Clear difference between all. It should in other words be like the bike in the shop... Maybe the problem is the lever itself - sometimes it jest needs put together correctly...

To clarify the above - your shock might be within spec etc etc but the operation of the lever is not doing what it should...

Edited by s14phoenix

Mine frame is for sale. It's a Large and a little too large for me  ^_^  Really good condition. Bought Nov. Surely there must be some taller bloke that would be keen on an upgrade.  I have to move this thing else my wife will give me the evil eye. According to the bike shop RRP for the frame is 22k. I am open to reasonable offers.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/145138-giant-propel-advanced-0-frame-set/

the bike in the shop has a big difference on the climb setting vs trail and descend yes, I believe mine was better as well, but cant really remember because I never really lock / use climb mode, it was per chance that I found the settings doesn't really differ

It needs a service... 

In C it should be almost locked in T it should have a "valved" feel and in D it should be fully open.

Clear difference between all. It should in other words be like the bike in the shop... Maybe the problem is the lever itself - sometimes it jest needs put together correctly...

To clarify the above - your shock might be within spec etc etc but the operation of the lever is not doing what it should...

thanks it kinda makes sense

Alot of those need revalving. Mine was also done to a firm setting and feels much better.think it all came to 800 randzelas though,not 500.still feels like I blow through the travel in descend mode.next ill buy a better shock as I think the evolution is kaka