The MTBer

I don't actually know where to post this, it have a lot to do with downhill and trail building so here goes.

I want this shovel that is attached for trail building, I see the guys in the USA, Canada, probably Europe use them as well .

1. The shape op the shavel grabbed my attention

- The square point for taking a lot of dirt at once, we guys don't dig to find diamonds so we only need the dirt on top and then take it from there

- The underside is more flat, so you can easy pack a jump

2. The long handle

- I am 1,94m tall and the ordinary shovels you use is in garden kill my back

I have a hard time finding one of those, Lasher don't make them and the hardware shops in Centurion isn't very keen on helping.

I was wonder since I can't find one of those I can go to an engineering firm and ask them for help.

Does any hubbers have the tools/knowledge to make the shovels?

Do you think I am wasting my time here?

post-25636-0-65910300-1420626289_thumb.jpg

post-25636-0-30170100-1420626314_thumb.jpg

You need to try find a farming/agriculture supply store, they will have what you are looking for. It's more of an farm tool than a gardening tool which is why hardware stores and nurseries won't keep them. 

Lasher do make them. It's a square mouth shovel and comes in various sizes with various handle configs.

I have one in my garage.

I think they are referred to as a Transfer Shovel..

There are a few online companies selling them, but they are all imports, so take time to arrive...

Maybe try getting in touch with Lasher Tools, they do many different spades/shovels and might be able to help or point you in the right direction.

http://www.lasher.co.za/contacts.php

Unless you know someone personally, I doubt an engineering place will make only one..

Is this thread really about trailbuilding, or is someone planning on sorting out their ex-wife?? Remember if the handle is too long it wont fit in the boot of your car.

*hijack on* Anyone know where to buy a McLeod in GP? *hijack off*

I know GP Lawnmowers on the West Rand DONT have one! I am also looking around for one.

Is this thread really about trailbuilding, or is someone planning on sorting out their ex-wife?? Remember if the handle is too long it wont fit in the boot of your car.

Hahahahaha, I don't have a wife. Luckily my boot of my car is big!

*hijack on* Anyone know where to buy a McLeod in GP? *hijack off*

The local kilt manufacturers should have  alist of McLeods on hand...

oh - that one! The one commonly referred to as "the best trail weapon on earth" and "that thing" aka "axe spade hoe stomper jobbie"... Lasher make them as well.  

Make the handle shorter. As you know it gives you a hell of a core workout and it's good for mtbing

Archived