Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

How did you get  a US Account. I see the first thing on their website is - not available in your country yet...

I did it some time ago - an APPLE guru at my previous job helped me and I never used it until now - I think if you search the net you will easily find a way to do it. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I sign up to UnoTelly and then Netflix?

I used smart DNS and no issues with them at all 

I used smart DNS and no issues with them at all 

How good is the streaming quality on Netflix? I have a 2mb ADSL account...not superfast.

How good is the streaming quality on Netflix? I have a 2mb ADSL account...not superfast.

I have 4mb line and its good - my TV is not HD so I dont know but you should be able to get HD - I am happy with mine - when I use the net at the same time the quality can be worse but overall I am quite happy

I wonder if they are experiencing a max exodus of customers leaving and they dont want to cut everyone off, while they rethinking their pricing strategy. Probably not, but one wonders..

For every person that cancels, another new contract is signed. Sadly I don't think they will feel "the pinch"...

We have been without DSTV for 3 years now and it is the best thing we ever did.

I would however phone them and ask them to cancel the service.

I used to run Netflix on 2MB ADSL before upgrading to 4MB. The difference between the two is that Netflix takes longer to improve quality the slower your link is.

Netflix always starts at a super low quality and improves the resolution in the background while you watch. As such, on 2MB you may watch a minute of blocky quality before it smoothes out while 4MB will only take a couple of secs.

I've also found that capped bandwidth works better than uncapped.

And to directly answer the question: I doubt I've ever reached 720p on Netflix streaming with a 4MB line. My sense is it maxes out at 480p most of the time.

A 2MB line should also reach 480p but will take longer to do so.

2 ten meg lines connected through a load balancer.

So you only load balancing the two lines?  Not bonding them?  

Who's your provider?

Decent speed  you got there :-)

I've been off DSTV a good 3 or so years now, only really watch sport, series and movies.

Just acquired a 'decoder' from Dubai (50Dhms, about R150). Hooked it up to my old DSTV dish & LNB, chose HOTBIRD AND PAS7 and searched. 

Came up with about 25 free channels.

However, these are all religious and not something I was hoping for!!!!

I've not adjusted the dish at all, so I'm assuming I'm receiving the same satellite that DSTV run.

I KNOW DANGEROUS LITTLE ABOUT THIS, I KNOW HOW TO ADJUST A DISH, EAST, WEST, UP AND DOWN and using a compass.

Anyone here know more than me and happy to tell me what to do, or if  I'm just wasting my time????

Is there anything other than religious on FREE TO AIR?????