Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Although I follow this thread avidly, I must be honest and admit to not reading every post  :blush:

So, I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I found Kodi on my PC quite difficult to get up and running, perhaps just my ignorance. Anyway, for those that don't know, Kodi is on the Google Play Store and works on your phone/Tab.

Very easy to run.

Download Addon Installer and install on your phone/Tab. Then choose the addons you want, including SportsDevilc, Phoenix, Genesis and plenty more.

Couldn't be easier and now all I have to find out is how to cast Kodi from my Tab.

It really is very, very simple, for those that use phones, or Tabs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I follow this thread avidly, I must be honest and admit to not reading every post :blush:

So, I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I found Kodi on my PC quite difficult to get up and running, perhaps just my ignorance. Anyway, for those that don't know, Kodi is on the Google Play Store and works on your phone/Tab.

Very easy to run.

Download Addon Installer and install on your phone/Tab. Then choose the addons you want, including SportsDevilc, Phoenix, Genesis and plenty more.

Couldn't be easier and now all I have to find out is how to cast Kodi from my Tab.

It really is very, very simple, for those that use phones, or Tabs.

I couldn't figure out how to cast from my Samsung. Ended up getting an Android box. The LG however can do it (Stretch got it right) not sure about any other phones....

Streaming 101. I need some confirmations please.

Raspberry Pi and say Apple TV are hardware.

Kodi and iTunes are software that allow you to access content that you have stored or wish to stream.

Basically the software allows you to use apps to access content on the web, the trick is to find the apps that will allow you to view the content you want.

Am I on the right path here?

Sounds about right. Go have a look at the "Let me introduce you to KODI" thread. Loads of info and how to's over there ????

I'm having an issue in NetFlix over unotelly where it shows series are available nut when I try watch on the SmartTV I get a "Sorry can't load, try later" gfys message. So to the PC, error 7031-1111 which is using DNS server as not in US.

Anyone beat this? With this Netflix is actually useless to me. No such problems on Hulu.

Streaming 101. I need some confirmations please.

Raspberry Pi and say Apple TV are hardware.

Kodi and iTunes are software that allow you to access content that you have stored or wish to stream.

Basically the software allows you to use apps to access content on the web, the trick is to find the apps that will allow you to view the content you want.

Am I on the right path here?

Here the link to the thread https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/156750-let-me-introduce-kodi-to-you/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue in NetFlix over unotelly where it shows series are available nut when I try watch on the SmartTV I get a "Sorry can't load, try later" gfys message. So to the PC, error 7031-1111 which is using DNS server as not in US.

Anyone beat this? With this Netflix is actually useless to me. No such problems on Hulu.

Same here.Netflix detected the unblocker.Checked the forums and used Australia region.Worked for 2 days and now same messages again.Anyone got a solution to this? 

Not to sure, but heard a friend talk about it.  Since Netflix is in SA they detect VPN usage (or something like that) and reject it.  They want you to use the local one.  Hulu is not in SA yet so does not have the same issue

Don't laugh at me please.

How do I get the free to air TV channels I pay my licence fee for without the DSTV subscription?

Don't laugh at me please.

How do I get the free to air TV channels I pay my licence fee for without the DSTV subscription?

I Believe you can get a Free Tv decoder from GAME for R400 that you plug int your sat dish..

I Hear Its a once off payment for the actual decoder.. not sure what channels you get with it.

Edited by tedibear

The one from Game ....

http://www.openviewhd.co.za/channels

OpenView HD offers more TV channels for free, in HD, 24 hours a day
OpenView HD is South Africa’s first free HD satellite TV service, with over 20 channels that offer endless exciting local and international entertainment – including music, movies, lifestyle & culture, learning, kids’ and religious programming. Some channels are broadcast in full high definition. Plus, you get to keep your favourite SABC channels and enjoy e.tv in HD. With OpenView HD there are no contracts and no monthly fees, you only pay once for your dish and decoder, and enjoy more TV for free, forever.

Not desperate enough for SABC to buy a decoder!

Ditto.

I don't even have an aerial to pick up the channels on the old way.

The old way was meant to be killed off years ago. But the communications department didn't get it right. I suppose they need analogue for electioneering.