Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

What's the USB for? A drive?

I have my hard drive connected to my router and connect to it via samba in Kodi....Wirelessly using my fire stick. i can stream 1080 with that setup

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mouse, keyboard - the remote is a pain to use with text - and yes, probably a HDD.

I don't have a router - I use my phone - although I am thinking of going fibre so that would solve that problem.

So today I get a call from Blake and Associates...they calling me on behalf of DSTV...and says that I still owe them R452 ...wtf. Its been two years and now the calling me...says I never gave DSTV notice of termination...some shite like that...so I told the guy I never signed a contract...never had a debit order..always paid by eft and when I decided not to have it for a couple of months I just stopped paying and I would be disconnected...and that happened two years ago for the final time ..the guy then says that the T&C's are on the decoder box...I should have known...whaaaaat I say...I bought my decoder at Cash Crusaders...now what...????

So today I get a call from Blake and Associates...they calling me on behalf of DSTV...and says that I still owe them R452 ...wtf. Its been two years and now the calling me...says I never gave DSTV notice of termination...some shite like that...so I told the guy I never signed a contract...never had a debit order..always paid by eft and when I decided not to have it for a couple of months I just stopped paying and I would be disconnected...and that happened two years ago for the final time ..the guy then says that the T&C's are on the decoder box...I should have known...whaaaaat I say...I bought my decoder at Cash Crusaders...now what...[emoji23]

Just ignore it... They will go away. They not gonna Chase you for 500 bucks

Aah bugger, that is disappointing. On the plus side, Takealot are really good with returns so the process should be quite painless. (That is the std remote and not the voice activated one)

I messed around with my Raspberry Pi this weekend. Loaded Libreelec with Kodi 17.6

I loaded the RedvbullTV addon as well as the Youtube addon (Didn't have a chance to test them yet) and tried to load the Mobdro addon without much success.

I couldn't see my media drive over the network either.... Need to figure out why it isn't visible.

I feel like a retard because everyone made it sound so easy.

I stuffed around with a pi that I bought and couldn't get it to work.

Very frustrating that I could spend hours on something that should be so simple?

If anyone can help, I'll buy the beers whilst you do the work

I feel like a retard because everyone made it sound so easy.

I stuffed around with a pi that I bought and couldn't get it to work.

Very frustrating that I could spend hours on something that should be so simple?

If anyone can help, I'll buy the beers whilst you do the work

I am no progeammer/coder but if you follow the steps it really is easy.

Not sure what you need, but this is what I did:

Obviously start with a Pi and an SD card (I used an 8Gb)

Download SD Card Formatter and format the card. One of the Pi forums gives you the format.

Download NOOBS and unzip it to a folder

Copy the contents of that folder onto the SD card

Plug in the Pi with ykur SD card installed and choose the operating system you want to install (it gives you the option of Raspbian or LibreELEC)

I installed LibreELEC as all I wanted was Kodi. It boots straight into Kodi.

Set up add-ons and paths to media drives and you are done.

Everything that you need to do has been done already so just Google what you are looking for and some kind soul has more than likely written a step by step tutorial for it.

Good luck!

I am no progeammer/coder but if you follow the steps it really is easy.

Not sure what you need, but this is what I did:

Obviously start with a Pi and an SD card (I used an 8Gb)

Download SD Card Formatter and format the card. One of the Pi forums gives you the format.

Download NOOBS and unzip it to a folder

Copy the contents of that folder onto the SD card

Plug in the Pi with ykur SD card installed and choose the operating system you want to install (it gives you the option of Raspbian or LibreELEC)

I installed LibreELEC as all I wanted was Kodi. It boots straight into Kodi.

Set up add-ons and paths to media drives and you are done.

Everything that you need to do has been done already so just Google what you are looking for and some kind soul has more than likely written a step by step tutorial for it.

Good luck!

I got to there, but the repositories didn't work properly.

I just found it clunky and cumbersome. I was expecting something a little closer to Appletv. Something more functional

I just found it clunky and cumbersome. I was expecting something a little closer to Appletv. Something more functional

Kodi is very functional if you know how and what it does.  You are also comparing a limited/low end spec Pi which is quarter of the price of Apple Tv and expecting the same?

Some links. Don't know if these are what you tried..

https://thepi.io/how-to-install-kodi-on-the-raspberry-pi-using-libreelec/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/kodi/

https://mediaexperience.com/raspberry-pi-xbmc-with-raspbmc/

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Raspberry_Pi

Aah OK. I stopped using Kodi and the streaming side of it because it was hard work to stay on top of. Now I use it as a media player only.

Similar to Banggood, Aliexpress etc by the look of it.

If so then it doesn't include duties, vat etc. From my experience, it is a crapshoot in term of duties, vat, delivery. Many of my orders from China were delivered without any charges being added.

I see it shows free delivery which means that you are at the mercy of the SAPO.... 

So today I get a call from Blake and Associates...they calling me on behalf of DSTV...and says that I still owe them R452 ...wtf. Its been two years and now the calling me...says I never gave DSTV notice of termination...some shite like that...so I told the guy I never signed a contract...never had a debit order..always paid by eft and when I decided not to have it for a couple of months I just stopped paying and I would be disconnected...and that happened two years ago for the final time ..the guy then says that the T&C's are on the decoder box...I should have known...whaaaaat I say...I bought my decoder at Cash Crusaders...now what...[emoji23]

Thanks to Truecaller I can see it’s them. They are chasing me for less than R200, according to an SMS from DSTV. I have ignored every call from them, and plan to continue.

I have them notice in 2017, the reconnected for a few months because of delays in the Fibre installation. I paid by EFT and often got cut off at the end of billing period because I forgot to pay on time. The last month I had them, they didn’t disconnect on the last day but kept it on for 5 days - that’s the amount they seem to be claiming.

Kodi is very functional if you know how and what it does. You are also comparing a limited/low end spec Pi which is quarter of the price of Apple Tv and expecting the same?

Not at all. Everyone said it was easy to install and offered streaming capabilities.

I couldn't get it to work. All I wanted was to stream.

I already have a Win10 media centre PC in my lounge connected to a projector so I don't care for that side of it. I even loaded the Kodi remote on my phone and bought a MS elite 3500 cordless mouse & keyboard in eager anticipation

Thanks to Truecaller I can see it’s them. They are chasing me for less than R200, according to an SMS from DSTV. I have ignored every call from them, and plan to continue.

I have them notice in 2017, the reconnected for a few months because of delays in the Fibre installation. I paid by EFT and often got cut off at the end of billing period because I forgot to pay on time. The last month I had them, they didn’t disconnect on the last day but kept it on for 5 days - that’s the amount they seem to be claiming.

Problem with this is that if you ignore them they will take civil judgement against you and that affects your credit rating. As much as you hate it, I don't think you can ignore it. Perhaps start another thread asking for opinions and advice?