I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

I find the victimization of Lisa Kelsey so disgusting that I'm closing my account on this forum. Those involved should take a long hard look in the mirror. Only ONE person came out and apologized publicly. The rest of you worms either defended your actions or tried to suck a WOMAN into a dirty internet fight.

One mention of the word Hub to most real riders will get eyes rolling and comments such as Keyboard Jockey flying. I can no longer be on this forum. It's just too embarrassing. 

For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?

I can see why you would want to, that thread was a train smash of note.

But I would also urge you to reconsider - there are some, quite a few actually, good guys around that make it worth staying.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahah the people that site and right bad stuff on the forums are not so smart. Because if you sede something like what they did, whay will probably get the biggest PK in the world. And it is usually people that don't know what the real story is.

Omega Man, it would be sad to see you go as a result of this, but after some of the behaviour witnessed I can't blame you or anyone else.

This issue and others of late have highlighted the need for some drastic change with regard our forums in particular. It has forced a serious reflection on whether some of the behaviour aligns with the fundamentals of where we started and why the forums exist.

It's sad to say that I've been embarrassed to be behind a platform that has bred such nastiness and contempt.

The stretches far beyond the comments made in the Lisa Kelsey thread.

We need some serious change and fast...

Vettie, we have never met and there's a strong chance that if we had to meet in real life and not put any of the hub history together, we would tan a steak like old gatgabas, tuning each other "Nou gaan ons braai!"

I accept that you're part of this community and it needs every one of us as cyclists to achieve the many awesome things that spontaneously happen from time to time. But allow me to say this if I may. I find your interaction here abrasive. You're quick to post a short reply that comes across offensive to people who are new to the forum and don't have the knowledge of reading between the lines in the style of your posting. It's for that reason alone I took you on when you prematurely called BS on the South Coast lady cyclist. Does it come as a surprise to you that your responses rub people up in a bad way? What is your real intention? I'd genuinely like to know.

Never rubbed me up in a bad way 

Vettie for president 

Guest DieBees

Ive heard recordings of conversations between Wil6 and Lisa.

You might change your mind after hearing such.

Anyway Bye

Vetseun, braai, jou plek vanaand. ek bring die vleis en die speakers. :) It is only a matter of time before this gets locked as well.

Omega Man, it would be sad to see you go as a result of this, but after some of the behaviour witnessed I can't blame you or anyone else.

This issue and others of late have highlighted the need for some drastic change with regard our forums in particular. It has forced a serious reflection on whether some of the behaviour aligns with the fundamentals of where we started and why the forums exist.

It's sad to say that I've been embarrassed to be behind a platform that has bred such nastiness and contempt.

The stretches far beyond the comments made in the Lisa Kelsey thread.

We need some serious change and fast...

Yeah I agree with what you have said Matt. 

The guys that did threaten Lisa in the way they did should be punished accordingly. I also think Lisa's post should be edited as their were people blamed falsely by her and that was also not cool(Dipslick) 

Yeah I agree with what you have said Matt. 

The guys that did threaten Lisa in the way they did should be punished accordingly. I also think Lisa's post should be edited as their were people blamed falsely by her and that was also not cool(Dipslick) 

Absolutely. The publishing of the Strava & FB accounts was inexcusable. As were the not so veiled threats. 

I find the victimization of Lisa Kelsey so disgusting that I'm closing my account on this forum. Those involved should take a long hard look in the mirror. Only ONE person came out and apologized publicly. The rest of you worms either defended your actions or tried to suck a WOMAN into a dirty internet fight.

One mention of the word Hub to most real riders will get eyes rolling and comments such as Keyboard Jockey flying. I can no longer be on this forum. It's just too embarrassing. 

For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?

So you're taking one ladies version as gospel and upset at other people who took another's version as gospel? The personal threats aside (which I hope are followed up and see life time bans from the hub), there is still a long way to run on this incident.

As the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story  :thumbup:

"For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?" 

What does this have to do with anything?

It means that OM knows these people and based on the weight of the interaction with them and knowing that they are not some amateur weekend warrior who started riding a few weeks ago, has no clue about maintenance of a bike etc, these factors carry enough weight to have ALL the facts presented BEFORE wanting to arrange a lynch mob.

There are many instances where there are so many sides to a story, but the real issue with posting these on the hub lately is that some members like to take a tricky situation that is made public and then pour petrol to a small flame by posting completely uninvolved opinion to the spark and then act surprised when their action leads to each following anonymous poster taking it a level further for entertainment and comedy value. Come on ous, wake up. There are real people at the other side of every one of these messages. Even if they don't deserve any, why is it so hard for many of you to show just a little respect?

So you're taking one ladies version as gospel and upset at other people who took another's version as gospel? The personal threats aside (which I hope are followed up and see life time bans from the hub), there is still a long way to run on this incident.

As the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story  :thumbup:

Agreed - the incident itself is far from concluded. But based on the behaviour surrounding it over the last two days I do not believe this is the place for the involved parties to find resolution - at least not in the current climate.

I can see why you would want to, that thread was a train smash of note.

But I would also urge you to reconsider - there are some, quite a few actually, good guys around that make it worth staying.

Im here :thumbup:

Archived