Exciting news for Maroesjka Matthee - going to Track Worlds In France

Wannabe

Fire got really good news today. She received an official UCI invite to attend the Track Worlds in France in a month or two's time.

CONGRATS FIRE, YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT AND DESERVE IT :clap:  :clap:

But (there is always a but) I heard that CSA will not be able to send her, so if she wants to accept the invite, it must be self funded.

Anybody that has been following the success story that is FIRE, will know that she will need help with the funding.

We've helped her before, and I'm sure we can help her again.

I'm not sure what / how much she needs, but every bit will help.

So to get the LET'S GET FIRE TO THE WORLDS fund going, I'll pledge an initial R200.00. More should follow after payday.

So come on Hubbers, we can afford to spends hundreds, if not thousands on our bikes, so lets open our wallets for this very worthy and deserving course.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to get in contact with her now.

She is busy with a client, will call me back when she's got a chance.

Thanks for pinning it, Slowbee.

Edited by Wannabe

Just to make you ill, according to Graham Joffe  "SASCOC has received more than R650 million of funding from the Lottery alone since the National Lottery Board was established."

http://www.sportsfiredaily.co.za/soapbox

It is an injustice that the actual competitors have to pay their way and cycling not the only one where this is happening. even the hockey players had to sort out accommodation for the teams they have just competed against in South Africa.

Ok, she called me back. (so I guess I won. :whistling: )

If the UCI pays for the acommodation in France (no reason that they won't) then about R15 000.00 is needed.

Here's the rub, the champs is in two weeks time, not months. So there is no time to waste.

As soon as her schedule allows, she will pop in here and give more detail.

Here's the bank details:

M. Matthee

FNB Cheque acc.

Stellenbosch

Acc # 62236643129

Branch code:200610

Edited by Wannabe

Well done for initiating Wannabe. We'll give her the contact lenses she just ordered at no charge and make a donation as well.

Cheers

George

Bosman, McNulty and DuToit Optometrists

:clap: , now that is awesome !

Well done for initiating Wannabe. We'll give her the contact lenses she just ordered at no charge and make a donation as well.

Cheers

George

Bosman, McNulty and DuToit Optometrists

Brilliant. :clap:

Thanks.

Does she have a sponsor? Could she get sponsored and then ride in said sponsored kit there or local races?

Ha - maybe the new Vitality club could sponsor her. Then I would happily join

Hellloooooooo Ladies! Errr, I mean hubbers.. ;) hehe

First of all - Thank you, tsure youu, thank you!!

After a very good performance at African Continental Championships I was very surprised to be allocated a spot to race the Points and Scratch at World Champs.

According to my knowledge I thought the only way to get into the World Champs was through qualifying through World Cups.

I was planning to do the world cups, but things didn't quite work out there.

I was very disappointed not getting to go to the World Cup - but such is life and you deal with it and work harder to prove everyone wrong.

There's a lot of reasonable explanations that I didn't get to go, but at the end of the day I just wanted(still wanting) exposure at that racing level.

Like I have said numerous times before - in South Africa we don't get that level of racing. No matter how hard you train, and the prep you put in, in order to get better you have to race at that level. And not once or twice, but repeatedly.

I feel very grateful for this opportunity that I can go to Worlds. It will be such a good learning curve.

I know you will get the critics out there that will say Worlds is not there to learn, but to win. Yes, that is true if you have competed against the opposition like a 100 times before champs.

This will be for me a total learning experience. I will give my everything no doubt about that.

I believe in my form at the moment, and with so many people behind me I'm extremely positive for a good result

:)

we are still waiting on final costs for this trip, I will let you guys know.

Also, I will post the fund amount that I receive from you guys.

There's 3 people from South Africa going to worlds, if I have any money from donations that is more than my expenses, I would pass that onto them :)

The last time you guys made the trip to the states possible, it was life changing! From that trip I excelled so much and gained so much confidence.

After every trip I will just get better and better.

Thanks for making this trip possible, again.

I'm really grateful, and I will do my best not to disappoint.

I will keep you guys updated with everything! !

Blessings

Much love

Fire

Well done for initiating Wannabe. We'll give her the contact lenses she just ordered at no charge and make a donation as well.CheersGeorgeBosman, McNulty and DuToit Optometrists

Thanks so much George!! The best optometrists in the business ;) Picked up my lenses yesterday- what a surprise!