Ride for Sight 2015

Zatek

I was in GL but seemed to 'catch up' with quite a few IL's. Did they pass me and then put the brakes on?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talus and Zatek, we must have worked together, I also got caught in that crash.

Worked with a few guys as well, but no real coordination.

I was on red/black Bianchi, blue top

I think I can remember you.

BL bunch, shoo.. Struggled out there in the end... rather hilarious fighting the wind and gutter 

Talus I missed you pulling me back to civilization .. (hint hint)

Guys I have one gripe, I almost rode after a guy to smack the snot off him.. Damn I was angry: 41 km mark ... everyone is stressing to get everybody to keep left, oncoming traffic ... ONE Really bright Ass Chop decided to go out into the traffic and aggressively swipe back into the bunch as a vehicle approached... Took the guy out next to me when he hit the guys front wheel (Faceplanted at high speed), This oke just rode on... red and white kit BL 1756... pimpled faced guy wit spectacles ... UNACCEPTABLE !!!

Lots of other selfish twits but the pleasantries and coordination from the experienced people totally made my day 

Cheers to all the guys that stopped to say Hi after the race, always a pleasure comparing war stories 

Talus and Zatek, we must have worked together, I also got caught in that crash.

Worked with a few guys as well, but no real coordination.

I was on red/black Bianchi, blue top

I chatted to you afterwards. Thx for the water! Nice to meet. Good luck with the KZN race next week. Edited by TALUS

I think I can remember you.

I have to admit I am not good at making mental notes while bleeding through the eyes. Did you have cramps and asked for Rennies?

I have to admit I am not good at making mental notes while bleeding through the eyes. Did you have cramps and asked for Rennies?

Only after the sprint.

@ BMWZA1...my husband was just behind you with that crash, very lame of that poepol to just carry on and ride away.

Anyone know if that rider is ok, husband says he was unconcious?

@ BMWZA1...my husband was just behind you with that crash, very lame of that poepol to just carry on and ride away.

Anyone know if that rider is ok, husband says he was unconcious?

I have to admit that I was to chicken to stop, I cant face a serious injury ... Was hoping someone here updates Us. He went down really badly 

I enjoyed my ride in VB.

Dug deep to stay with the front group leaving Heidelberg, but had to to dig even deeper to stay with the group heading back the Carnival City. Elastic eventually snapped 20km out and limped home with the chasing bunch.

BL bunch, shoo.. Struggled out there in the end... rather hilarious fighting the wind and gutter 

Guys I have one gripe, I almost rode after a guy to smack the snot off him.. Damn I was angry: 41 km mark ... everyone is stressing to get everybody to keep left, oncoming traffic ... ONE Really bright Ass Chop decided to go out into the traffic and aggressively swipe back into the bunch as a vehicle approached... Took the guy out next to me when he hit the guys front wheel (Faceplanted at high speed), This oke just rode on... red and white kit BL 1756... pimpled faced guy wit spectacles ... UNACCEPTABLE !!!

Lots of other selfish twits but the pleasantries and coordination from the experienced people totally made my day 

Cheers to all the guys that stopped to say Hi after the race, always a pleasure comparing war stories 

I saw that guy fall , went past me on the right. Used face as a brake. Ish. In some strange way, all riders behind him, missed him including me as he was sliding across the road.

The bike marshal turned round and went to help.

What I saw was a bakkie heading at high speed coming towards us on the sand, then the bunch squished in to each other, and bam .. was a very strange angle he went out at, since he slide out to to the right over the white line. Seemed like he moved from the left to right at rapid pace and went down, and carried the speed with him in the fall.

I hope he makes a rapid recovery ... and is back to fight another day.

Terrible day out for me from GL, got dropped by the main bunch early due to confusion, then had a awesome ride with the huge chasing bunch till heidelberg, got dropped only to realise 25km later my front brake was binding... suffered for that 20km.. finished 3:49...not very happy with my legs...

Edited by Stiglitz86

I was behind you BMW, Qhubeka kit and bike.

Guy fell really hard!

Can we not report the clown who took him out?

Also gave him a mouth full when I rode past

Edited by W@nna-BE

One of my best rides to date from DL.  Managed 3:17 which is a good improvement for me.

Also got a bit grumpy with the riders using the oncoming lane on the single lane sections.  And don't get me started on the dumb asses dropping their gel sachets....

Some guys really ride like chops. I enjoyed my ride from CL. Got dropped at about 90km then rode in with some nice guys to finish 3.11