Ride for Sight 2015

Zatek

Anyone know if cycle nation has some photos? I looked on their site but not sure if i'm being doff or they not up yet?

I saw Rika ahead of the race, so I'm sure they do have.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Rika ahead of the race, so I'm sure they do have.

Ja she was definitely there and usually the photos are available quickly. I'm just not seeing them on the site. I'll be patient.

To the DiData rider in VB that used the truck to jump across to the break.........that's called cheating !!

Where were the officials ? can't believe they didn't see it happen or the fact that they did nothing.

To the DiData rider in VB that used the truck to jump across to the break.........that's called cheating !!

Where were the officials ? can't believe they didn't see it happen or the fact that they did nothing.

That should result in a ban. Not just a DQ. What a box.

Not that many guys in VB that ride for DD. Think its 2-3..... One of them tends to do well in VB often.....

Yip, Bar any mechanical or other outside issues your R4S time and Argus time should be very close. Incident free race for me has always been 2-5min difference

I have heard this equation before on the hub, but to me it does not compute. How can R4S's (relatively) flat and fast route possibly to compare to Argus? R4S does not have even one climb which remotely matches any one of Edinburgh Drive, Smitwinkel, Chappies or Suikerbossie. And that's not even bringing the South Easter into the equation.

It might work for the racing snakes and the mountain goats, but I feel that the two races are incomparable for the majority of the field. 

I hate that climb out of Heidelberg

...that Heidelberg hill was tough though. From there it was a hard slog in the cross winds to the finish...

I've always been able to stay with the guys on the climbs, but after (close to) 4 years of riding as a fun-rider, I made it a goal to dig as deep as I could up the climb, to stay with them over the top - mission accomplished, but flip... the attacks came thick and fast from there onwards.

The effects of the cross-winds on the other side... now that was k@k. I can't remember when last I was in the red purple trying to stay on the last wheel of the front group of VB. Still an enjoyable ride from my perspective. Just wish I could ride this coming weekend.

I have heard this equation before on the hub, but to me it does not compute. How can R4S's (relatively) flat and fast route possibly to compare to Argus? R4S does not have even one climb which remotely matches any one of Edinburgh Drive, Smitwinkel, Chappies or Suikerbossie. And that's not even bringing the South Easter into the equation.

It might work for the racing snakes and the mountain goats, but I feel that the two races are incomparable for the majority of the field. 

How you feel and what the results say are two different things.

Go have a look on Racetec.

I've always been able to stay with the guys on the climbs, but after (close to) 4 years of riding as a fun-rider, I made it a goal to dig as deep as I could up the climb, to stay with them over the top - mission accomplished, but flip... the attacks came thick and fast from there onwards.

The effects of the cross-winds on the other side... now that was k@k. I can't remember when last I was in the red purple trying to stay on the last wheel of the front group of VB. Still an enjoyable ride from my perspective. Just wish I could ride this coming weekend.

Those crosswinds ripped everything apart - even though they were relatively light when we went through.

Why can't you rid this weekend?

Works for me, Works for my team mates and works for many other people. Don't know why. Heidelburg climb might not compare like you say but quite often that's where the race is decided Iv also yet to do a R4S when the road from heidelburg to carnival hasn't had a cross wind putting us in the gutter. R4S is also 7km longer.

As a matter of interest what are your R4S and CTCT times like in comparison to each other?

Those crosswinds ripped everything apart - even though they were relatively light when we went through.

Why can't you rid this weekend?

Working - part of the organising committee.

I'll be at the start/finish line the whole day, so if you're around, come say hi.

As a matter of interest what are your R4S and CTCT times like in comparison to each other?

PB

R4S - 2:53:52

Argus - 2:54:47

First time trying

R4S - 3:12:58

Argus - 3:14:38

Works for me, Works for my team mates and works for many other people. Don't know why. Heidelburg climb might not compare like you say but quite often that's where the race is decided Iv also yet to do a R4S when the road from heidelburg to carnival hasn't had a cross wind putting us in the gutter. R4S is also 7km longer.

Well in 2013, for example, I did R4S in 3.59; and  Argus 4.28.

Do you get why I am so bitter and twisted?

How you feel and what the results say are two different things.

Go have a look on Racetec.

In my office, how I feel is law, boet.

Yeah they are usually similar but for unforeseen circumstances like a Cape Town hurricane...

Yeah they are usually similar but for unforeseen circumstances like a Cape Town hurricane...

Or a dropped chain up smits 2 years in a row :cursing:

Archived