Tips on washing cycling gloves?

Albatross

anyone got tips on how to wash cycling gloves, did a bit of research and gentle cold wash in the washing m/c seems to be the most popular method with an air dry. I'm just a bit sceptical as my sons baseball batting glove (similar to golf glove)was destroyed in the washing machine. My gloves are full finger Fox digits.

edit:wearing when it rains is not an option as it don't rain enough in da summer!

I've always put mine in the washing machine with my cycling kit. Cold, Gentle, Low Spin, Air Dry. 20 years later still the same way.

I've always put mine in the washing machine with my cycling kit. Cold, Gentle, Low Spin, Air Dry. 20 years later still the same way.

You using the same gloves for 20 years?

I jump in the pool with all my kit on (except shoes) and give it a good rinse.  After that shirt and bibs in the wash, gloves and helmet get air-dry.  Chlorine in the pool kills all the nasty stuff.  Gloves and helmet are still perfect after a year.

Wash them like I wash my cycling clothes.

Hate using them more than once without washing them........

I jump in the pool with all my kit on (except shoes) and give it a good rinse.  After that shirt and bibs in the wash, gloves and helmet get air-dry.  Chlorine in the pool kills all the nasty stuff.  Gloves and helmet are still perfect after a year.

Haha thats the upside. But unless you like bleached clothes and weakened materials I would rinse it in tap water afterwards...

My domestic worker chucks my giant el cheapos into the washing machine. I was annoyed at first but too lazy to hand wash them. They seem to be holding out fine. I'm just grateful I can find my stuff when I need it..took a while for her to put cycling stuff together but she's learning. Although the other night i opened the bathroom cabinet and my chain lube was in there

Archived