So which Sponsor has pulled out of the Transkaroo?

Dicky DQ

Don't think it's a very big problem that they clash with J2C, 2 very different events in 2 different parts of the country.

Hope they can keep it going, it's an awesome race.

Aspen was in 2013, last year they were not there. Could it be the Toyota guys from Paarl? I dont see there name/logo at the bottom of the mail with the rest of the sponsors. What are they gonna cut from the race now. Hope there will be braais at the last water point(for us slow okes) as per last year.  :whistling:

Jip, that was my thought as well. We will be doing our third ride. A couple of guys from Brackenfell will be doing there 2nd. It`s an awesome ride. The race seems to start at 175km this year with about 50km of climb. Gonna be eina on the legs. Pace will be the order of the day again.

I can only stomach a single 200km dirtroadie ride per year :blush:

and this year is the Transbaviaans's turn. 

Hope to be back in 2016 for the up-ride (which is a bit more appealing to me)

After the 2013 down ride that had that killer Katbakkies (af kakkies) at the end I asked them if we could have a down ride which is exactly that, down the same way as the up ride. So that is what the route is this year. There will be a pretty rough climb after the last check point but that is pretty much it. 

Don't under estimate the climb our of NC into WC which comes after check point 2, ration yourself on water as it needs to go a very long way to Bizaansgat.

Jip, we got caught out from wp2 to wp 3. We raided the medics water on route. This year the camelback is going with. The stretch from Bizaansgat to the next water point is gonna be tough. 60km long and in the middle of the day. Eish.  

• 4 weeks later...

Heard this morning Trans Karoo is sold out - so I guess that answers the OP's question Chuffed for the organisers, really a great event - glad that is growing despite the congested calendar

Cool, I'm still looking for someone to do backup for me and a friend with my car  -_-  Hate these silly races not finishing at the same place, grrr

Cool, I'm still looking for someone to do backup for me and a friend with my car  -_-  Hate these silly races not finishing at the same place, grrr

We are in the exact same position coming from Durban I need to get our car down to Ceres am prepared to pay for it,if they can back up as "2nd's" even better.

Ditto Cejay, clearly there is a need and there is opportunity to make money. Why don't the organizers get 10 - 100 drivers and a little mini taxi to drive them all back the afternoon after they've done backup for whom ever needs it. I don't mind paying for the service.

Ditto Cejay, clearly there is a need and there is opportunity to make money. Why don't the organizers get 10 - 100 drivers and a little mini taxi to drive them all back the afternoon after they've done backup for whom ever needs it. I don't mind paying for the service.

Local Rotary club fundraising effort possibility?

I have spoken to the local High School with no response,can't locate a Rotary club in Sutherland.

Archived