ecg15

Right so now i read in the Argus another cyclist has been mugged by knife and panga wielding rejects of the human race at Tokai forest. 3rd attack in thee weeks. We pay to get mugged seems like the norm these days.

Yes this topic is out of rage and UTTER frustration. We have become far to complacent about matters like this.

We defend our selves and we go to jail but they can go on the hunt and the police and Table mountain parks board are too useless to protect us, however ever so eager to take our hard earned money. Mugged twice in one day.

These days i cycle with a 2 million volt tazer. Looks like a cell phone but the only ringing that will happen is in their heads when they wake up only to discover that the ringing in their ears are far less serious as their crushed hands and knees.

Im not violent but i am a product of our ever so aggressive society.

Most of you will say just dont cycle there cause its a hot spot, and i would say BS. 6 months to a year ago it was not. We have become targets. So if we stop riding there they will just target us somewhere else. When will it stop.?

Tokai on the upper levels have become a danger zone. ride the lower levels. Again BS. why should i pay to ride but get restricted cause the "officials" cant, wont or are unable to help protect us. When you pay at the little pay office they have a sign board that reads " beware of baboons " that should be replaced with " beware of Hijacking mugging rejects of the human race "

the only way our "officials" will listen is to boycott them. No money coming in = no salary. ride else where till they feel the pinch. Its in our hands to rectify this problem. Force them to do something about it. Yea i know it will cost petrol to go ride in durbanville but its safer. Id rather pay these places to go ride than to go ride in fear for the next attack.

Tokai for me has become a problem. I dont always want to ride in a group and i dont want to be told where to ride because its a crime hot spot. Will people wake up only when we have a fatality or a rape?

where on earth do you get a 2 million volt tazer? TAKE MY MONEY

[Edit: ja, and sorry about the other k@k - getting out of hand]

Edited by MTB-BFK

Right so now i read in the Argus another cyclist has been mugged by knife and panga wielding rejects of the human race at Tokai forest. 3rd attack in thee weeks. We pay to get mugged seems like the norm these days.

Yes this topic is out of rage and UTTER frustration. We have become far to complacent about matters like this.

We defend our selves and we go to jail but they can go on the hunt and the police and Table mountain parks board are too useless to protect us, however ever so eager to take our hard earned money. Mugged twice in one day.

These days i cycle with a 2 million volt tazer. Looks like a cell phone but the only ringing that will happen is in their heads when they wake up only to discover that the ringing in their ears are far less serious as their crushed hands and knees.

Most of you will say just dont cycle there cause its a hot spot, and i would say BS. 6 months to a year ago it was not. We have become targets. So if we stop riding there they will just target us somewhere else. When will it stop.?

Tokai on the upper levels have become a danger zone. ride the lower levels. Again BS. why should i pay to ride but get restricted cause the "officials" cant, wont or are unable to help protect us. When you pay at the little pay office they have a sign board that reads " beware of baboons " that should be replaced with " beware of Hijacking mugging rejects of the human race "

the only way our "officials" will listen is to boycott them. No money coming in = no salary. ride else where till they feel the pinch. Its in our hands to rectify this problem. Force them to do something about it. Yea i know it will cost petrol to go ride in durbanville but its safer. Id rather pay these places to go ride than to go ride in fear for the next attack.

Tokai for me has become a problem. I dont always want to ride in a group and i dont want to be told where to ride because its a crime hot spot. Will people wake up only when we have a fatality or a rape?

I agree 110 percent with you. But the softies on the hub will stone you for everything you said that makes sense. It is a losing battle, unfortunately.

For the sake of accuracy none of the attacks have taken place at Tokai forest itself and if you ride the trails at Tokai, from Cobra (level five) and down you will have no problem. It's when you venture out of Tokai into other areas (especially over the nek towards the mast and in the direction of Hout Bay) the problems start.

And attacks in that area are not new and definitely have not just started in the last six months.

Other than that I can't say I disagree with your feelings.

To be fair I don't think cycling is targeted at least not more than anyone else. Try and go fishing at the more remote dams/beaches, go for a hike in non protected areas or simply have a flat tire on remote roads.

We live in a country where it feels like 50% of the population just see assault/murder and theft as an opportunity to make some money.

Parks, SAPS and the mountain men are also involved in getting this sorted now. There were teams of dogs, investigators and trackers up there today and there are plans to get a better plan in place. it's it all for nothing. Stuff is being done to get the mountain back

:thumbup:

where on earth do you get a 2 million volt tazer? TAKE MY MONEY

[Edit: ja, and sorry about the other k@k - getting out of hand]

i got this in groupon but u can buy one from blades and triggers for like R200

To be fair I don't think cycling is targeted at least not more than anyone else. Try and go fishing at the more remote dams/beaches, go for a hike in non protected areas or simply have a flat tire on remote roads.

We live in a country where it feels like 50% of the population just see assault/murder and theft as an opportunity to make some money.

also true. i suppose the increase of attacks on cyclists just make it feel that we have been targeted by these low lifes 

Parks, SAPS and the mountain men are also involved in getting this sorted now. There were teams of dogs, investigators and trackers up there today and there are plans to get a better plan in place. it's it all for nothing. Stuff is being done to get the mountain back

thats great and awesome. i however would like to see some foot patrols on some of these paths when i cycle. some visible policing would be great. 

thats great and awesome. i however would like to see some foot patrols on some of these paths when i cycle. some visible policing would be great. 

That's what you're getting... Dogs, patrols, mountain men, police. They're all up there where the hotspots are, and the only trail that has been affected thus far is the one up to the mast. Plus, you probably actually DON'T want to see them. If you can't, neither can the perps. 

Having mountain men patrol the lower slopes where the guys aren't isn't going to work... There's only one way they can come through, and that's where they're looking.

on sunday morning i met a guy ay Tokai who had a sword in his backpack. Seriously, a short katana styled styled sword like he was a ninja turtle. while it may have been one of the most hilarious things i've seen. he was pretty serious and i dont blame him. Afterall, once a mugger loses an arm up there, well that would put at end to the muggings won't it. So i'm considering something myself...mmh, nunchucks... carbon ofcourse

on sunday morning i met a guy ay Tokai who had a sword in his backpack. Seriously, a short katana styled styled sword like he was a ninja turtle. while it may have been one of the most hilarious things i've seen. he was pretty serious and i dont blame him. Afterall, once a mugger loses an arm up there, well that would put at end to the muggings won't it. So i'm considering something myself...mmh, nunchucks... carbon ofcourse

That would be a ko-wakizashi or a Tanto blade. Similar to but smaller than a katana. 

That's what you're getting... Dogs, patrols, mountain men, police. They're all up there where the hotspots are, and the only trail that has been affected thus far is the one up to the mast. Plus, you probably actually DON'T want to see them. If you can't, neither can the perps. 

Having mountain men patrol the lower slopes where the guys aren't isn't going to work... There's only one way they can come through, and that's where they're looking.

Jokes aside I personally saw police head up there yesterday morning. And lots of rangers too.

Somewhat comforting

So i'm considering something myself...mmh, nunchucks... carbon ofcourse

Alternative use - for the guy on the trail in front of you - either going too slowly or getting away from you  :ph34r: 

Second alternative use - trail joggers  :ph34r:  :ph34r: