Dodgy Seller

Ranga

Hi Guys

Just a quick warning to everyone out there please be careful when dealing with Henni3 on the hub.

I know I took a chance as he was new to the hub but I did all the background checks ie. facebook, place of work etc and all was legit and he seemed like a nice guy on the phone.

I purchased a set of ITM Pathom tubbies that were advertised here. I asked him if they were true and if the had any cracks. He assured me they were 100% true and crack free and sent me photos. I enquired as to why the stickers were darkish in colour ad he said it was just dirty which it was thankfully.

He packaged the wheels very well, dropped them off at the courier and sent me the tracking number as promised.

I collected the wheels and to my horror discovered two cracks. One was so bad that a blind person could make out the crack. I then checked if they are true and they wobble more than my mtb after a huge crash which blew the back tyre off the rim.

I tried to get a refund from him or money for them to be repaired at his cost but he wasn't interested and blocked my number. He denied that they are cracked and not true and had a cheek to tell me to take them to a decent bike shop for a second opinion as he believe my LBS wasn't good enough to give a report.

Its very sad as i have bought and sold numerous items on the hub and have only had good dealings.

post-24451-0-49875100-1424095322_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when did you receive the wheels and when did you report the problem to him?

And whats he's real name, maybe that will make him give his version of this story?

For a moment I thought it was Henri aka Lambert! Eish, I reserve my comments - there are three versions to a story and the HUB!!

when did you receive the wheels and when did you report the problem to him?

And whats he's real name, maybe that will make him give his version of this story?

Wil6 - tell Henni3 to phone Admin :ph34r: with your "experience"

Why not take it to small claims court? If the amount is under R15 000 and there is a paper trail, get them assesed by a good LBS and file the papers. If he doesn't show it's a default judgement in your favour, and perhaps the threat of legal action is enough to get him to refund you.

Wil6 - tell Henni3 to phone Admin :ph34r: with your "experience"

Hehe, two people managed to put there reputation in disrepute, and it was indeed a sad day on thehub.

He is from Bethal. 

I have thought about taking legal action but to be honest i dont want to throw any more money away.

I received them on Saturday and made contact with him on the Sunday voicing my disapproval.

He told me that there was nothing wrong with the wheels when he sent them :ph34r:

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO INSTITUTE THE 100 POST LIMIT TO BEGIN USING THE CLASSIFIEDS....OR VERIFICATION PROCESS.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO INSTITUTE THE 100 POST LIMIT TO BEGIN USING THE CLASSIFIEDS....OR VERIFICATION PROCESS.

i think that one flew out the window with MR ARMSTRONG and his fake "pina"

1 post wonder :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Why not take it to small claims court? If the amount is under R15 000 and there is a paper trail, get them assesed by a good LBS and file the papers. If he doesn't show it's a default judgement in your favour, and perhaps the threat of legal action is enough to get him to refund you.

Good Advice.

Costs very little, just your time.

The way the classifieds are becoming more dodgy I am thinking twice about making a purchase on here and would rather buy new online or from LBS, even if it quite a bit more expensive

The way the classifieds are becoming more dodgy I am thinking twice about making a purchase on here and would rather buy new online or from LBS, even if it quite a bit more expensive

personally i think in general its still a very safe tading enviroment , compared to whats out there

There always has to be one idiot who screws it up for the rest

Sad but true....there's one of these born every minute!!

personally i think in general its still a very safe tading enviroment , compared to whats out there

Yes I know, but safety measures need to be implemented to protect buyers and sellers

Archived