Cape Town Cycle Tour (CTCT) - Start groups

HeadDown

It seems I'll be the last hubber to start: 7C @ 9.24 But I think that group reflects my abilities perfectly. I'm just looking for a good time and hoping to finish somewhere around 6hrs  :thumbup:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems I'll be the last hubber to start: 7C @ 9.24 But I think that group reflects my abilities perfectly. I'm just looking for a good time and hoping to finish somewhere around 6hrs  :thumbup:

I think you will finish within that time

On my roadbike, I get around 23-24km/h AVS on flat roads. 
With those hills and a few stops, I think my AVS will be more around 20k/h.

On my roadbike, I get around 23-24km/h AVS on flat roads. 

With those hills and a few stops, I think my AVS will be more around 20k/h.

There is something called the "Argus Magic": Basically, for those who trained and are reasonably fit, the excitement, the crowds, the vibe, the extra Coke, all works together to give you a few extra km/h on the BIG day.  You can bargain on something very close to your normal average and perhaps even a little higher? If you are confident and can ride in a bunch, it can be quite a bit faster. That's presuming good weather, of course, meaning little wind. Oh gosh, there I went and said the W word! Sorry!

Hi

See you at the start. My partner chipped a bone in his back, so done a substitution, hope to stay there as he is same quality,but done less road for seeding. Why we do tandem...I really dont know..

Ahh sorry to hear. Only 30 tandems in # this year AFAIK so lets all us hubbers work together.

7G ......

So when u guys are done (VA and 1A,1B etc....) spare a though for us still in the start shuts ....

Then again ths is the start group of my 12 year old ... his first CTCT ..... and i will be riding wihith him....

My original start time is 3F ....

:clap:  :clap: :clap:  

NOW IN 2H .... Safe Cycling Group ... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

My start group also changed to 2H ....

Does anyone have a link to the full start list showing group start times ?

I am scheduled to be off sometime before 7 but want to drop back to ride with my Sister-in-law and am keen to see what time her group is off..

Does anyone have a link to the full start list showing group start times ?

I am scheduled to be off sometime before 7 but want to drop back to ride with my Sister-in-law and am keen to see what time her group is off..

On the CTCT website they should have the full list hidden somewhere. :whistling:

On the CTCT website they should have the full list hidden somewhere. :whistling:

That is the problem. I am not clever enough to find it and it is not for lack of trying.......... :cursing:

There is something called the "Argus Magic": Basically, for those who trained and are reasonably fit, the excitement, the crowds, the vibe, the extra Coke, all works together to give you a few extra km/h on the BIG day.  You can bargain on something very close to your normal average and perhaps even a little higher? If you are confident and can ride in a bunch, it can be quite a bit faster. That's presuming good weather, of course, meaning little wind. Oh gosh, there I went and said the W word! Sorry!

the words bunch and start group 7c dont go together........more like a heaving mass of bike riders

the words bunch and start group 7c dont go together........more like a heaving mass of bike riders

I LOL'd so hard at that :P

Archived