RockShox thru axle on SID fork - broken

mtb_nik

Hey guys

After my ride two days ago I noticed the quick release on my front wheel's thru axle was loose. The axle was still sitting tight in the fork. (Rockshox SID fork, 15mm thru axle).

Went for another ride yesterday and afterwards noticed I had lost the cam lever completely. (My own fault for not having dealt with the problem before- I admit)

Maybe someone can explain how the quick release mechanism within the axle became loose?

Then to my actual qustion, any one know where I can source a replacement part or another axle that can be used instead? As RockShox have none of these in stock and will have to wait a month :eek:

Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

After my ride two days ago I noticed the quick release on my front wheel's thru axle was loose. The axle was still sitting tight in the fork. (Rockshox SID fork, 15mm thru axle).

Went for another ride yesterday and afterwards noticed I had lost the cam lever completely. (My own fault for not having dealt with the problem before- I admit)

Maybe someone can explain how the quick release mechanism within the axle became loose?

Then to my actual qustion, any one know where I can source a replacement part or another axle that can be used instead? As RockShox have none of these in stock and will have to wait a month :eek:

Thanks!

CWC had some during December

They are specific to the fork, only RS with RS and Fox with Fox.

If you don't come right I've got a loaner you can borrow until the agents get stock again and I can replace, but it's a bit shabby so I wouldn't sell it to you...

Make sure your little ellen-key screw is not loose in the inside of the lever. I had that problem, thought was broken, but actually only loose screw.

You're right, think that might have been the original problem.. but now I have lost the lever. Should have just checked before :blush:

They are specific to the fork, only RS with RS and Fox with Fox.

If you don't come right I've got a loaner you can borrow until the agents get stock again and I can replace, but it's a bit shabby so I wouldn't sell it to you...

That would be awesome! Will let you know if I dont come right :thumbup:

Thanks for all the replies! Are all thru axles priced around R500? Or will I be able to find an alternative one to fit the fork but cheaper? Dont know to much about them...

Thanks for all the replies! Are all thru axles priced around R500? Or will I be able to find an alternative one to fit the fork but cheaper? Dont know to much about them...

The Rockshox one is around there - R 500 is actually a decent price. The Fox one will make your eyes water.

Or you could get these for 2x the price

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/carbon-ti-x-lock-qr-15mm-through-axle?quicktabs_1=1#quicktabs-1

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/sites/default/files/imagecache/product-rotational-main/product_images/x-lock_qr15_colours.jpg