Best bib shorts around R1000 or less

Barry Stuart

Would love to hear advice and feedback from guys that have used theirs for a while. I've been considering the Fox Trail bib but interested in what other options there are for a low mileage road cyclist.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tenn bibs @ sportsworld.co.za. I have 2 pairs and cant complain. I do my 100km plus training rides every weekend with them and no problems. I used to use First Assent, but they do not last very long and is not nearly as comfy as the Tenn bibs.

EDIT: They go for R650 excluding shipping, but buy 2 pairs and shipping is free!

I got a pair of Craft bibs at 94.7 cycle expo last year on special for R999... really comfortable. If you can find them on a special would recommend them

• 2 months later...

I did a 160km MTB ride yesterday with my Tenn bibs and this morning I do not even know about my ass. I am hooked on these bibs. My Adidas and Santini bibs do not even compare. It is not Assos, but for training and every day riding, there is no better value for money.

According to TheHub sub-R1k bibs don't exist, and you should take out another mortgage for a pair of Assos bibs*

*says the owner of sub R1k Craft bibs.

Guest notmyname

You could get the Rocket bibs. I have owned three over the last two years . This year I bought a fourth pair but to my disappointment they have changed the pattern and sadly they're just not quite the same.

+1 for the Craft Bibs,I got 2 of their cheaper models on special at the CTCT Expo for R600,RRP at my LBS R800.Longest ride in them was 60km,but they kept me comfortable till the end.Above mentioned LBS also stock a cheapish model of FOX bibs that go for R800 and apparantly boasts the same chamois as certainmoddels of Assos bibs.

I have recently bought a pair of First ascent pro elite .I rate them up there with all the other ,assos, craft .I also have 2 pairs of anatomic that I am very happy with

• 11 months later...

Archived