Discovery Team Vitality Cycling powered by Club100

Dee1

This merger, will be known as Team Vitality Cycling powered by Club100 and is an exciting opportunity for us to expand our membership base and expand what we can offer you, our existing members, irrespective of who provides your healthcare benefits. We anticipate that membership will increase substantially and expand to other centres around the country.

The merger provides the impetus for us to improve on the delivery and safety of the club’s existing recreational and competitive cycling programmes and to expand our programmes to include novice and family participation in cycling and also provides the long term financial security to sustain these cycling programmes.

New branding and cycling apparel are in production. We will keep everyone up to date on progress through our weekly newsletters. All existing members will shortly receive a free Team Vitality cycling shirt from world-class Italian cycling gear experts Ftech, savings on selected Garmin fitness devices and Rudy Project sports gear, and there is much more to follow! If you are participating in this year’s Cape Town Cycle Tour please contact Angie to obtain your cycling shirt in time for the race.

That was part of an email sent out to Club100 members. 

I certainly won't be joining (not this year, anyway) - had already paid my CSA membership which Vitality say they won't refund.

I have a friend who is on the team and after chatting to them I can safely say its not for me.

The jersey is quite nice but there are no races in my area that are covered.

I have a friend who is on the team and after chatting to them I can safely say its not for me.

The jersey is quite nice but there are no races in my area that are covered.

Where did you see the jersey?

I am a bit confused because Vitality tried to organised cycling team through Discovery. There were so many upset talks. Now Club 100 is running it. How does it work, if I belong to different club and being Vitality member? We had to join club at the beginning of the year, if we want to have CSA licence. Now Vitality came up, too late for us to change...

Joined and got my shirt, I like it!

also got my CSA license

This works well if you do not being to a club and being a newbie

Signed up on Monday and received my shirt today

attachicon.gif20150306_121447-1.jpg

Been a member of MTN club 100 for awhile mostly to get my race licence. Its always been a awesome club with great people road and mtb. I just hope that this move will not spoil all that made the club great in the first place.

I agree the shirt is not the best, but yeah at least we will not look like bananas in pyjamas anymore  :whistling:

Also heard the shirt sizes are an issue.  A mate joined, ordered a Medium, shirt says Medium but is more like a Small, so has given it to his son

Also heard the shirt sizes are an issue.  A mate joined, ordered a Medium, shirt says Medium but is more like a Small, so has given it to his son

Ftech is an italian company, dont know if the Italians are so small, but I know from previous experience to go at least one and possibly 2 sizes bigger.

Got my shirt today, I followed the sizing guide they provided and it fits perfectly.

In terms of the R600 fee, I needed a new Rudy Project helmet so the R500 voucher means I paid R100 for the jersey. The helmet arrived yesterday.

Add in one or two races they cover and I break even so not a bad deal IMO.

Archived