HELP Dogma Respray Scam

Trailman

It actually gets worse...sellers should realise that there are huge consequences. If the frame had to break while the buyer rides the bike, the seller could be sued for a lot of money..if I had to sell a repaired bike, I would specify it on black and white and get the buyer to sign, to cover myself...

Yes float you are 100 % correct I may even have bought the frame if I had the full details of the repair and knew who did the work. Given the quality of the spraywork however, I cant even begin to imagine what took place or why it was sprayed in the 1st place.This is a really expensive frame and the least one could do is supply documentation from the repairer, if done properly and there is nothing to hide then there should be no problem.    

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised Rouxjie has been on and asked but how many posts does the seller have??

Jokes aside that sucks, the fact that he "tried" to pay the money means nothing. He was pointedly asked if there were any issues and then lied about it.

I hope this end well for you TM, good luck.

Surprised Rouxjie has been on and asked but how many posts does the seller have??

Jokes aside that sucks, the fact that he "tried" to pay the money means nothing. He was pointedly asked if there were any issues and then lied about it.

Thanks SK, posts are lacking but that still don't cut it for me.

Just be your word and when you cant don't coward out of it.

hmmm.. how could he not have known the frame was resprayed?

Was the frame broken / cracked?

You know the money has probably been spent already...so not being dishonest but unable to repay right away? Probably tried to cancel his purchase of the mtnbike and was unable to get the funds back..

Why is he avoiding the calls and the sms's? Sounds to me like he took the cash and ran. That to me ring alarm bells and reeks of dishonesty. Did he really buy a mtb with that money...

Wow this is tragic that someone does not know when they have re-sold something that has been repaired and resprayed. 

i guess this is more about having your conscience clean than making a quick few rands ...

Trailman is one of the most honest guys i have dealt with.

Not a good omen for this seller.

If a frame breaks I would feel very guilty selling it to someone else even if repaired .... But that's just me I guess

Wow this is tragic that someone does not know when they have re-sold something that has been repaired and resprayed. 

i guess this is more about having your conscience clean than making a quick few rands ...

Trailman is one of the most honest guys i have dealt with.

Not a good omen for this seller.

Thanks toys

Unfortunately every community has bad apples and we need to expose and weed them out in an attempt maintain our own integrity. We all screw up, my own philosophy is to have the courage when doing so to admit to it and make right as quickly as possible what you have done wrong.

Thank you so much for the kind words and vote of confidence.

Love to the prince 

Trail

If a frame breaks I would feel very guilty selling it to someone else even if repaired .... But that's just me I guess

Thanks for commenting Crank

The real issue is not about the repair, it is in the cowardice of not facing your problems.  

Sadly Crank not everybody shares our view.  

Why is he avoiding the calls and the sms's? Sounds to me like he took the cash and ran. That to me ring alarm bells and reeks of dishonesty. Did he really buy a mtb with that money...

Hi nathrix, this unfortunately is the world in which we live. Yes he has taken the money and run but he is not an individual without the means to refund my money. If he were I would be a lot more sympathetic but sadly it is these very scam artists that need to be removed from our community.

Thanks for commenting.

Foil40, would be good to hear your side, if you have nothing to hide, or if there's fault in Trailman's story, would be best if you responded.

If you don't, I suppose we have no option but to assume you are guilty and have something to hide.

PLEASE, PLEASE Trailman, use the ratings section, this is a LONG TERM way to protect your fellow HUBBERS.

Hi Steve, you are 100% correct the real issue is that he does not have the courage to even have a conversation about this and spends all his time ducking my calls and messages.

Foil40, would be good to hear your side, if you have nothing to hide, or if there's fault in Trailman's story, would be best if you responded.

If you don't, I suppose we have no option but to assume you are guilty and have something to hide.

PLEASE, PLEASE Trailman, use the ratings section, this is a LONG TERM way to protect your fellow HUBBERS.

Thanks HeyYou, that aint going to happen this individual does not have the courage to talk to me, where is he going to come on here to defend himself. I would happily welcome his response to provide an alternative version if one existed. What I have posted on here is completely factual and exactly the way this saga has unfolded so that you and other Hubbers can form your own opinions draw a conclusion.

I will certainly use the rating system and will do that right now.

Thank you. 

Is this possibly the same guy that tried for a few weeks/months to sell his "like new" repaired dogma frame and got all hyper aggressive when anyone commented about how sketchy his ad was? If it is then that would be clear cut incriminating evidence right there that the seller knew about the damage, admin could get the ad info back online.

Edited by Skylark

Is this possibly the same guy that tried for a few weeks/months to sell his "like new" repaired dogma frame and got all hyper aggressive when anyone commented about how sketchy his ad was? If it is then that would be clear cut incriminating evidence right there that the seller knew about the damage, admin could get the ad info back online.

Hi Skylark, I knew nothing about this it would be great if there was a reference to the ad somewhere if that were the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update regarding the resprayed Dogma frame reimbursement:

1.Foil40 has not responded to a lawyer’s letter of demand sent by harryn requesting that he refund my monies for the resprayed frame by Friday 6th March and take his frame back.

2.Despite a commitment made to Matt here on The Hub to repay the funds by Friday I am still to receive any communication since the 25th February. Matt has also heard nothing from the seller since the commitment was made.

It is clearly evident that this individual has absolutely no intention of honoring his agreement to refund my money which he has been awarded every opportunity to do. I am currently taking legal advice and am in communication with various parties who have agreed to assist in seeking a just outcome to this issue. Thanks to all the Hubbers who have responded and for all the positive support to date, I will keep you posted on future developments as they unfold.