HELP Dogma Respray Scam

Trailman

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Foil40, would be good to hear your side, if you have nothing to hide, or if there's fault in Trailman's story, would be best if you responded.

If you don't, I suppose we have no option but to assume you are guilty and have something to hide.

PLEASE, PLEASE Trailman, use the ratings section, this is a LONG TERM way to protect your fellow HUBBERS.

Okay HeyYou, I have finally got around to negative rating Foil40 apologies for the delay, just been really busy and wanted to give him every chance to respond, sadly with no luck, no communication what so ever. Pulling out all the legal stops now. :(

If a frame breaks I would feel very guilty selling it to someone else even if repaired .... But that's just me I guess

I had a fame with a hairline crack in iit.  I gave the frame away.  Told the new guy as well of the crack in the frame.  Think I even posted pick of the crack on the hub...

I had a fame with a hairline crack in iit.  I gave the frame away.  Told the new guy as well of the crack in the frame.  Think I even posted pick of the crack on the hub...

Yes Francois, that is the right way of doing things. carbon is I believe fully repairable and I may even have taken the frame at the right price if I knew the extent of the damage or why the frame was resprayed.

I would just like to reiterate that there was no denial from the seller that the frame had been resprayed when questioned and he was initially in agreement to fully refund my money.

The real issue is that this individual messed me around with the initial payment arrangement meetings on 4 occasions to which he never pitched and then refused to answer my sms's or take my calls.  

Stop fooling around with this guy. Lay a charge of fraud and have him arrested. Seeing as he refuses to stick to the arranged meetings. You have dragged this on for way to long. Get on with it and get your own back. Stop complaining and just do it.

Okay HeyYou, I have finally got around to negative rating Foil40 apologies for the delay, just been really busy and wanted to give him every chance to respond, sadly with no luck, no communication what so ever. Pulling out all the legal stops now. :(

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If i was a lawyer I'd offer my services pro bono.

But, alas, I'm not. I'm just a jobo that teaches kids (tertiary though, thank whomever).

Thanks guys, we are currently busy with legal and tactical proceedings but as I do not wish to jeopardize any of these actions I would prefer not to go into any detail just yet. No one is more aware of the frustrations of the time that this is taking to get resolution on the matter but that is the nature of following proper procedure. 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If i was a lawyer I'd offer my services pro bono.

But, alas, I'm not. I'm just a jobo that teaches kids (tertiary though, thank whomever).

Cheers Hey You very kind.

Teaching is one of the most important professions we have in this country don't undersell what it is you do.

See he was last active today at 14:35. So he is definitely aware of this. Foil40, if you read this, man up and refund Trailman his money. Clearly you are in the wrong :thumbdown:

See he was last active today at 14:35. So he is definitely aware of this. Foil40, if you read this, man up and refund Trailman his money. Clearly you are in the wrong :thumbdown:

Yes wil6 that is sadly the case. Even at this point I would happily take the money, return his frame and walk away chalking this up as a bad experience. I am however at the point of no return where legal and tactical procedures have been put in motion.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. All I can ask is that anybody who does know this individual should be acutely aware of what he has done.

Hi Skylark, I knew nothing about this it would be great if there was a reference to the ad somewhere if that were the case.

It was a Dogma 601 Frame, perhaps not the same guy or frame, sellers name was Johan. This ad here, now deleted but admin can dredge it up:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/91482-pinarello-dogma-601-frame/

One thing to stuff up but its another whole thing how you behave after the stuff up, the seller should get with the plot now and come to some reasonable arrangement with you and at least reopen communications. But don't take his word on anything, concrete stuff only, like leaving items to cover the value of what he owes with you until the money can be paid back in full or just pay back what's owing in a lump sum once and for all.

If you need to go to the lengths of lawyers to finally recover your money make sure you include in the claim a recovery for the lawyers fees and your wasted time/expenses from this seller. The guy must pay for everything, he has the chance now to get off lightly and cheaply, but if he wants to take the hard route then make him pay every last cent that is due to you.

Just a heads up, I opened a case of fraud recently against someone that ripped me off, was expecting a lengthy process and no action, was very surprised how easy it was and how quickly it was investigated. People wise up really quickly when they realise the full import of what they are getting themselves into.

Edited by Skylark

Just a quick update regarding the resprayed Dogma frame reimbursement:

1.Foil40 has not responded to a lawyer’s letter of demand sent by harryn requesting that he refund my monies for the resprayed frame by Friday 6th March and take his frame back.

2.Despite a commitment made to Matt here on The Hub to repay the funds by Friday I am still to receive any communication since the 25th February. Matt has also heard nothing from the seller since the commitment was made.

It is clearly evident that this individual has absolutely no intention of honoring his agreement to refund my money which he has been awarded every opportunity to do. I am currently taking legal advice and am in communication with various parties who have agreed to assist in seeking a just outcome to this issue. Thanks to all the Hubbers who have responded and for all the positive support to date, I will keep you posted on future developments as they unfold.  

TM, I take my hat off to you for taking it this far and then considering going all the way if needs be.

The lack of accountability is terrifying, like any bad news it's tends to die down and then life goes on. It is also very nice to see that the hub community is assisting where possible. Awesome!!!

I wish you all the luck further.

It was a Dogma 601 Frame, perhaps not the same guy or frame, sellers name was Johan. This ad here, now deleted but admin can dredge it up:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/91482-pinarello-dogma-601-frame/

One thing to stuff up but its another whole thing how you behave after the stuff up, the seller should get with the plot now and come to some reasonable arrangement with you and at least reopen communications. But don't take his word on anything, concrete stuff only, like leaving items to cover the value of what he owes with you until the money can be paid back in full or just pay back what's owing in a lump sum once and for all.

If you need to go to the lengths of lawyers to finally recover your money make sure you include in the claim a recovery for the lawyers fees and your wasted time/expenses from this seller. The guy must pay for everything, he has the chance now to get off lightly and cheaply, but if he wants to take the hard route then make him pay every last cent that is due to you.

Just a heads up, I opened a case of fraud recently against someone that ripped me off, was expecting a lengthy process and no action, was very surprised how easy it was and how quickly it was investigated. People wise up really quickly when they realise the full import of what they are getting themselves into.

Thanks Sky I will make a plan to track that ad down. We are looking to recover the monies with full costs and expenses. Thanks for the advice I will consider that option.