HELP Dogma Respray Scam

Trailman

HELP Dogma Respray scam

Finally I have reached the point of no return. On Friday last week I purchased a Pinarello Dogma frame from a fellow Hubber, parted with my cash after checking the authenticity of the frame with ASG and all seemed good. I asked the seller very specifically if the frame had any cracks, damage or work that had been done and was greeted with a very definite no. (SEE:  https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/124905-swop-my-dogma-651-frame-for-carbon-hardtail/) After finishing some work on Friday I decided to take a closer look at the frame and to my horror discovered evidence of overspray on the rear stays and immediately phoned the seller. He agreed immediately to refund me if the frame had in fact been resprayed and that I should meet him the next day at the same place that I purchased the frame.

On inspection the seller agreed indeed that the frame had been sprayed and that he would refund my money but he didn’t have it at the moment as he had purchased a mountain bike and that he could sort me out on Tuesday. We shook hands as we parted company and the seller stated that we had a gentleman’s agreement and I shouldn’t worry as he would not let me down.

Fifteen minutes before our arranged meeting time on Tuesday I was sms’d to be told that he did not have the cash but would make sure that he pay me the next day on Wednesday. I phoned him and he agreed  that he needed one  more day to get the money. We agreed to meet the next day and again the same scenario played out, 15 minutes before meeting I received an sms stating that he could not meet as he didn’t have the money. This time my call along with an additional 7 phone calls and several sms’s have gone unanswered and I have had no communication to date.

As things stand I am taking legal advice and getting confirmation of the respray from ASG. I post this very frustrating scenario as I seek both advice from fellow cyclists as well as to yet again warn people that even though we trade amongst ourselves as Hub members, there are those on here that are extremely unscrupulous and dishonest.  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good detective work there.

Sorry to hear Trailman. Sucks so much and I bet you paid a healthy lump sum for the frame.

Great detective work thanks for the support LWB.

there are one or two on the hub,,,,there is a certain animal who sorted my drama out1,2,3 quick quick

Thanks DIPSLICK, any chance you can PM me with details as I do have council but it may be more effective if they understand the cycling setup and community.

Maybe when he said MTB frame in the below he meant Pinarello Dogma  :ph34r:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/143529-re-do-mtb-frame-paint/

So dodge - sorry to hear...

Yes Flying Scott, glad you picked up on that, very interesting as well as the reference to a potential previous dodgy deal that was picked up.

I had nothing to do with this.... Just saying, so dont anyone even hint in that direction..

:thumbup:

As i said Trailman bummer of a deal. Hope you come right.

I had nothing to do with this.... Just saying, so dont anyone even hint in that direction..

:thumbup:

As i said Trailman bummer of a deal. Hope you come right.

Hey Bogus, I know already that I have your support in this. The spraywork is nowhere near your standard anyway.This is well below par. Thanks for the support. 

there are one or two on the hub,,,,there is a certain animal who sorted my drama out1,2,3 quick quick

Who?

Thanks DIPSLICK, any chance you can PM me with details as I do have council but it may be more effective if they understand the cycling setup and community.

pm sent