HELP Dogma Respray Scam

Trailman

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had nothing to do with this.... Just saying, so dont anyone even hint in that direction..

:thumbup:

As i said Trailman bummer of a deal. Hope you come right.

Not implying that at all! I'm sure you had nothing to do with it...

He probably decided on a black spray paint tin and some masking tape.  :ph34r:

I had nothing to do with this.... Just saying, so dont anyone even hint in that direction..

I was going to say - over spray and Bogus?  Would not have thought that those two would go together...

Guest notmyname

NOthing wrong with that... :blush:

hahaha. Have you had it sorted yet?

Trailman

Uncool

Sorrie to hear, man

:-/

Thanks Dale, these things are sent to try us, I just want everyone else to be aware of the situation.

hmmm.. how could he not have known the frame was resprayed? 

Was the frame broken / cracked?

You know the money has probably been spent already...so not being dishonest but unable to repay right away? Probably tried to cancel his purchase of the mtnbike and was unable to get the funds back..

Edited by JoeZipp

hmmm.. how could he not have known the frame was resprayed? 

Was the frame broken / cracked?

You know the money has probably been spent already...so not being dishonest but unable to repay right away? Probably tried to cancel his purchase of the mtnbike and was unable to get the funds back..

Thanks Joe, I find it very hard to believe myself.

I am currently busy with an assessment of the frame it was sold to me as, "definitely never cracked or worked on in any way," this was a question that I asked.

The seller told me that he used my money to buy a MTB with the money that I paid him. I even suggested that we could look at taking the mountainbike as partial repayment via sms to which I also have had no response along with several other SMS'S.  

Who the hell swoppes a Roadbike for a MTB...... thats krysie !!!  :whistling:

I was just trying to be accommodating in an attempt to get something back from this guy.

You should name and shame.

BTW I ride a repaired carbon Argon 18 and a repaired carbon BMC HT MTB both I'm completely happy with as I knew upfront what I was getting.

Also have a carbon Soft tail Niner purchased new. but that's besides the

point.

Pi$$ es me off people like this....there are too many of these dodgy stories.

Of course the seller knew the frame was resprayed!!!

You should name and shame.

BTW I ride a repaired carbon Argon 18 and a repaired carbon BMC HT MTB both I'm completely happy with as I knew upfront what I was getting.

Also have a carbon Soft tail Niner purchased new. but that's besides the

point.

Thanks El Saltemontes

The individual in question is Foil40 here on The Hub as can be seen from the link.

Carbon can certainly be repaired without too many issues if done correctly and you are aware of what it is you are repairing. The real issue is that I bought the frame having specifically asked if any work had been done to which the answer was "NO". The seller showed such surprise and immediately agreed to refund my money so up until I got the runaround I never really thought about the extent of the possible magnitude of the damage.

Given the fact that the frame has been sprayed and I have no clue as to the nature or reason for the respray or extent of the possible damage I dare not take a chance on the frame or repair.

Thanks for the advice all the same.  

It actually gets worse...sellers should realise that there are huge consequences. If the frame had to break while the buyer rides the bike, the seller could be sued for a lot of money..if I had to sell a repaired bike, I would specify it on black and white and get the buyer to sign, to cover myself...

Pi$$ es me off people like this....there are too many of these dodgy stories.

Of course the seller knew the frame was resprayed!!!

Dodgy seems to follow this guy around.