Pepper spray - Which one?

MichaelH

Can anyone shed light on this subject. What are the options. Are there sprays to be avoided. Are there sprays specifically suited to cyclists; to runners? I never pay attention to the marketing/packaging; they are so misleading most of the time. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spotmans warehouse sells a pretty potent one, that comes with a attachment for a bicycle.

Are there sprays specifically suited to cyclists; to runners?  

No Michael, a spray that will take out a runner will do for a cyclist too - but just cos you're out of action for a while you shouldn't be so vindictive.

Saw one at the Rand Show a couple of years back that ignites as it sprays - a bit too racey for me I'm afraid.

But maybe it would work on Mampara's chicken - Flame'nSpice (it's flamin' nice).

Joe Low2008-03-27 05:56:53

One of the girls at work forgot her pepper spray in the car while it was parked in the sun. The can exploded and smashed the windscreen, and painted the car red inside. Luckily she wasn't in at the time.

3 weeks later I still got a craving for pepper steak pie while driving with her LOL

as long as it burns the living daylights out of an attacker it will work....be warned....you will most likely also get a sniff or two when using it.  Tongue

Get the most expensive brand, it canister has to be done in Red and Black with white bold lettering, you can't go wrong@! Cool<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

People, please! Get serious. There's this hottie in the office who is a runner and can't always run with a group. I am concerned for her well being and suggested she carry some sort of defence. Are there any Lady Hubbers out there with some sensible advice? Amateur, Slowpoke, Chilli Pepper!!!, BEE, Wonder Woman etc. PLEASE HELP!

No, I can't post a pic, you will have to take my word! Cool

Buy one and do the tazer-test; spray yourself in the face and if your not incapacitated for 15 minutes at least, try another brand Thumbs%20Up

Good luck LOL

I saw the SWAT ones at the Yale security store and Sportsmans warehouse. Wanna get me one for MTBing alone.

Smith and Wesson...they made all men equal!

And there will be no fake red blood either!!! The stuff it leaves is real!!!

Met a cyclist on the road a few years ago. He was from Hawaii. Said on the road they always ride with pepper spray, otherwise the cyclists get assaulted by drunken locals (during the day!) Dead