2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Only saw the back of you on Sunday but then again I am many years older. 

Enjoy the race, I'll be watching on from the comfort of VE. Don't think it gets any easier. 

Rode a smaller race a few weeks ago, where the VE guys caught us.  They are cooking!! Comfort and VE is an anomaly!! Jackie is on form!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode a smaller race a few weeks ago, where the VE guys caught us.  They are cooking!! Comfort and VE is an anomaly!! Jackie is on form!!

Telling me, I got worked over at Satellite. Have a great ride  :thumbup:

Here is the full letter we signed 

DOUBLE LOOP CLAUSE 2015

I, _______________________________________of Id number ______________________________

will be taking part in the Momentum 947 Cycle Challenge as a cyclist who will be doing the route twice.

·       I take note that I have to start at the back of the start pen I am allocated to, for the first lap, allowing the licensed riders to be ahead of me.

·       I will at all times remain to the left hand side of the route, and only overtake on the right hand side, only when it is necessary.

·       I will wear my timing chip for BOTH loops on the day.

·       I completely understand that I must finish the first loop of the event in time to start the next loop before the last start group of the day.

·       I take full responsibility that if I finish the first loop after the last start group has gone, that I will not be allowed to go on the route.

·       I will wear my allocated race number at all times on the day.

I, fully understand that undertaking the Double Loop is a privilege and not a RIGHT.   I will obey all the instructions given to me by the Event Organisers to make my experience an immense one.

Signed _________ day of _____________________, 2015

Signature _____________________________________________________

good luck for you guys doing a second loop. it looks like its going to be quite hot. hope the organisers make sure they have enough water. 

Additional drinking water has been arranged as well as garden hoses for those that need to drench themselves. Also, all unused water at early water points will move to the end water points.

But if the weatherman can be believed, we should be 5 or 6 degrees colder than today.

NSBB is totally tech savvy I'm sure! Are you in VA for lap 1? If so, hang on for dear life, its going to hurt. 

I thank you for what i'm accepting as a compliment on my youthful look and exuberance...

I know its not very obvious to the untrained eye, but am however a year too old for the lighties in VA.

I will be duking it out with the much easier VB on Sunday...

Especially if we VBs are going to catch the VAs again half way. 

Whahahahhahahah.  :thumbup:  :ph34r:  :P

aaah cr@p... sounds like VB is going to hurt a little bit...  :cursing:

Guys I'm sure this has been covered in one of the 65 pages of this thread but why, for the love of Bob Mabena, do we need to take our timing chips with to the expo?

Guys I'm sure this has been covered in one of the 65 pages of this thread but why, for the love of Bob Mabena, do we need to take our timing chips with to the expo?

If you have been using it regularly it should be fine. sometimes I remember sometimes I don't. It always works. In Cape Town you cant get in without it.

In the past there were a large difference between the number of entries, and the number recorded finishes (33 000 vs 21 000 if I recall correctly).  The difference is made up of DNSers, DNFers and those who don't ride with a chip, or ride with a faulty chip. I think they are just trying to reduce the latter.

Edited by GaryvdM

its not compulsory to take your chip to the expo, i contacted the race office, they said its recommended to take it so you could test it.

My friend is starting a few batches behind me and I would like to join him.

Can I change my seeding at the registration ?

My friend is starting a few batches behind me and I would like to join him.

Can I change my seeding at the registration ?

As I understand it, you can drop back without a reseed. Only need a reseed if you want to move forward.

There are 4 of us riding together, and each of us at different times. We are all dropping back to the time of the latest start in the team (09H40!!). But we want to ride together, so...

Edited by DominionZA

Got an email today saying because I am riding both MTB and Road, I must look out for the collection point with the green board at the Expo.

Can anyone tell me what makes this "special"?