2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

also thought the signs for speedbump were doff. I saw them but my boyfriend would never read stuff voluntarily. Then again shouting speeeeedbump to the fast bunches might also have caused crashes. Cycled behind some smelly guys..deo guys please!

Thought it was a tough race did 3.25 foe my first 94.7. Not pleased but i knew it would be hard. cannot imagine why non cyclists think this would be a fun outing!!

well done to ashley m who showed her euro racing stripes despite setbacks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also thought the signs for speedbump were doff. I saw them but my boyfriend would never read stuff voluntarily. Then again shouting speeeeedbump to the fast bunches might also have caused crashes. Cycled behind some smelly guys..deo guys please!

Thought it was a tough race did 3.25 foe my first 94.7. Not pleased but i knew it would be hard. cannot imagine why non cyclists think this would be a fun outing!!

well done to ashley m who showed her euro racing stripes despite setbacks.

Do you actually enjoy cycling and cycle races?

What a great day out! Managed a 2:40 from C batch for my first 94.7 so pretty happy with that. Didn't see any crashes but 1 or 2 close calls.

Such BS.. for the first time we have a whole lot of big international ladies teams here as there are UCI points up for grabs and no live coverage..

Totally agree. Exactly why I was asking...what effing rubbish is this with no live TV

All the crashes I saw (4 of them) were before the start!!

Saw a lady hit a side mirror and go down quite hard...this was in William Nicol on the way to the start

As well as can be expected from limited genes, slack training and binge eating (and a bit of fear for the second lap). 2:46 and 3:45.

Great race, but it got hot out there. For the back markers (4 to 5 hours) like me on the tandem with the wife it was pretty nasty and windy.

Only bleat - why no water (or not enough) at the finish. They only had coke when we got there (it was cold though). Nothing else and other than the Ice cream vendor not a place to get something that i could see.

When you have done about 6 gels then coke isn't high on your list.

Otherwise great.

Only meself to blame.

Could not found my car after the race.

I went alone. Cellphone locked in car.

Searched 1h46 min to find it.

Now that was really k@k. Blisters on my feet from walking with carbon shoes.

But that was only half of the nightmare...

On my way to the quest house where my wife and son waited for me, I discovered that the location of the quest house is next to the race route... Witkopen road or something. Unable to cross the road and reach the quest house. We were already supposed to check out...

After a huge alternative detour I managed to get to the quest house luckily.

Besides that I had one super lekker race

Is racetec timing not in yet?

You can check on the app but it only confirms your time and not position of winning time.

Great day out as always... you really understand the plight this country is under when the kids on the side are asking not just for sweets but also for water... heart breaking stuff

Funniest moment during the race: the bikebay.co.za ad just before you enter into Steyn City (after the nasty hill with no wind on cedar "wanna sell your bike?" - FOR SURE after going through that!!!

As well as can be expected from limited genes, slack training and binge eating (and a bit of fear for the second lap). 2:46 and 3:45.

Identical!

I am one of the backmarkers. Average temp was 36°C with max 42°C. The wind was also something else.

Still was a lekker day.

Just feel the finish should be on a level or slight downhill road. It is heartbreaking to see okes walking over finish line after cycling the whole day.

Only meself to blame.

Could not found my car after the race.

I went alone. Cellphone locked in car.

Searched 1h46 min to find it.

Now that was really k@k. Blisters on my feet from walking with carbon shoes.

But that was only half of the nightmare...

On my way to the quest house where my wife and son waited for me, I discovered that the location of the quest house is next to the race route... Witkopen road or something. Unable to cross the road and reach the quest house. We were already supposed to check out...

After a huge alternative detour I managed to get to the quest house luckily.

Besides that I had one super lekker race

That's where my Garmin comes in handy, arrived at the race and saved my location. After the race all i did was select the location and it displayed my car was 650m from the finish with directions on how to get there. 

I am one of the backmarkers. Average temp was 36°C with max 42°C. The wind was also something else.

Still was a lekker day.

Just feel the finish should be on a level or slight downhill road. It is heartbreaking to see okes walking over finish line after cycling the whole day.

Respect, wind and temperature picked up quite noticeably as the day got longer 

Archived