2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

We're not riding this year so we were on the corner at the top of Witkpppen near Malibongwi. Was only going to watch the first few pro's go past but ended up staying for hours chatting to people and supporting the riders. Was a great morning but as mentioned above, sympathy for anyone starting at 9 or 10 o'clock!

Ditto

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a massive crash in VC going down Kyalami Hill. Does anyone know if the guy who crashed so badly is okay?

Also a bad crash in VD at the bottom of the 1st downhill into Steyn City.  Single rider down, but it was a very fast one.  Hope he is ok.

I rode in F bunch.  My 11th 94.7.  The first one where i didn't see any crashes.  The guys all rode well today.

Good race. Rode a 3:20 from R on my MTB, so I'm happy :thumbup:

All went well except for one a-hole who flew past me on a downhill and bumped my handlebar. Slid out and nearly crashed (this was at 50km/h). Luckily I managed to control it and it must have been a rather impressive drift slide to witness :w00t:

In G group about 7 kays into the race some idiot takes a gap of about 4 inches between 2 cyclists when there was a whole lane free on the left hand side and so doing caused a nasty accident.

To the poor gent who was taken out , if you want a quiet word with the **** pop me a pm as I have his race number.

Awesome race. 2:49 on my watch from D. Up from 3:08 last year

Loved it, but feel sorry for those out there now..

Easy in, easy out

Also rode in D. Managed a 2:52 according to my Garmin at least (up from 3:29 last year) even with chain slipping on big cog at rear, so had to ride some of the bigger climbs in a harder gear, so super chuffed with time. Still saw guys crossing bridge over N1 a little over an hour ago. Hot and windy, so hats off to them.

Had a great ride in C no crashes, no accidents. Did not see any either. We caught quite a few from the groups in front of us. Really happy with a time of 2.44.

Was part of the D bunch red train. Goal of the group was to get everyone to finish sub-3. After some couldn't hold on we decided to give some welly. Trained much more this year, so the hills "felt" easier. As the distance tumbled, the temperature climbed. Just LOVED the road side entertainment, stunning part of the race. Great organization, the riders were well behaved, some close calls down the hills due to the shoddy condition of the roads. 

Overall a great race. Managed to achieve the time I aimed for  :clap:

Who spotted El Diablo  :devil: ? Well, an Afrikaans version anyway!

3 crashes in A that I know of. I saw a whole new world on the 2nd lap (Lots of people really suffering). Helped here and there.post-33782-0-56010100-1447600849_thumb.jpg

Yes. It's a completely different race on lap 2. People have to deal with so much more. Heat, wind, traffic. I feel for them. I had such a blast out there.

Archived