2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

I'm busy creating a split calculator in Excel, based on 2014 Strava times. Got to love the flybys setting.

I'll post it as soon as I can complete it. I have data for 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45 and 3:00. Will try update it for 2:50, 2:55 and then 15 minute intervals for the 3-4 and 4-5 hour rides (if reliable data is available).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After doing Suikerbos over the week-end with 1190M of climbing over 56k makes the 947 cycle challenge seem tame, I almost died.

Especially yesterday :( hectic WIND at some places  :eek: and extreme HEAT...it was a KILLER!!! :wacko:  :blink: - I got +/- 1335 meters of climb for the full 57-58km's (the last 2 weekends at Suikerbos on Strava). If I can recall it's almost the same climb at 94.7, but SBR is shorter, so it makes it that much tougher :blink:

I did (most of) the 947 route yesterday, it reminded me of the suffering from last year. The route makes Argus look like a funride (which it is of course  :ph34r: )

post-77414-0-25793700-1444039351_thumb.jpg

For the masses out training for 947 y'day in the Cradle, they had a treat. Free......beer! Courtesy of Copperlake brewery. A mobile stand just past the caves was giving away free beer (and water.... :huh: ). A great marketing initiative.......next weekend again perhaps?? 

attachicon.gifcradle.jpg

For the masses out training for 947 y'day in the Cradle, they had a treat. Free......beer! Courtesy of Copperlake brewery. A mobile stand just past the caves was giving away free beer (and water.... :huh: ). A great marketing initiative.......next weekend again perhaps?? 

what time do you guys start at the Cradle now ? is it safe to be out there at 5:15-5:30am ? I am in JHB this weekend and looking to do 2 or 3 loops.

what time do you guys start at the Cradle now ? is it safe to be out there at 5:15-5:30am ? I am in JHB this weekend and looking to do 2 or 3 loops.

2 or 3 loops of the Copperlake stand? :ph34r:

I left the Rhino & Lion car park y'day at 0600 and it had +/-30 cars in it already. 0515-0530 is probably ideal before the hoards arrive....

I'm busy creating a split calculator in Excel, based on 2014 Strava times. Got to love the flybys setting.

I'll post it as soon as I can complete it. I have data for 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, 2:45 and 3:00. Will try update it for 2:50, 2:55 and then 15 minute intervals for the 3-4 and 4-5 hour rides (if reliable data is available).

Version 0 is attached.

Please test it and let me know if there's anything you'd like added, or changed.

SplitTimeCalc_947_2015.zip

edit: if you downloaded from this link and it has a password access problem, you need to download again. Sorry.

The split times are based on the groups finishing in those times, rather than individuals.
VA went slower up Pooks Hill, compared to VC and AL but still finished faster over the route.
I'm sure the 2:30 time can be changed to match the 2:35 and 2:40 start times.

I can't open it, it says application not found

You need to UNZIP it... I can't upload as an XLSX file

post-1372-0-16032300-1444046856_thumb.png

I'll share a link from my club website - Google Sheets might not work as well.

edit: fixed the access problem (I hope  :blush: )

I get this when I try and change the details...

post-6252-0-20634300-1444047459_thumb.png

Edit: Did try and unprotect, but then get prompted for a password...

Archived