2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its been posted a few times. just remove your chip and go for it

From the start pens or the side of the road somewhere?

From the start pens or the side of the road somewhere?

top right there is a big magnifying glass, type in Double lap and search this topic for all the references to doing a double lap 

top right there is a big magnifying glass, type in Double lap and search this topic for all the references to doing a double lap 

type in LAP only, as some refer to double lap, and other second lap.

Hi guys

I'm doing my first 94.7 race this year. I'm coming from Boksburg. What time do you guys advise I leave on the morning to be at the venue between 7:30 to 8am?

Hi guys

I'm doing my first 94.7 race this year. I'm coming from Boksburg. What time do you guys advise I leave on the morning to be at the venue between 7:30 to 8am?

What is your start time? my experience with the 94 is that everyone wants to get there by 6:00 even if they are starting at 9:00 so the people who are starting at 6:30 and need to get there, are late. Last year traffic was crazy and people ended up starting late because of the new venue. I would say it depends on where you intend to park, if you want to park at the venue be prepared to sit in traffic regardless of when you leave so give yourself plenty of time. Personally I'll park elsewhere and ride to the start like I did last year. Good luck with your race!

What is your start time? my experience with the 94 is that everyone wants to get there by 6:00 even if they are starting at 9:00 so the people who are starting at 6:30 and need to get there, are late. Last year traffic was crazy and people ended up starting late because of the new venue. I would say it depends on where you intend to park, if you want to park at the venue be prepared to sit in traffic regardless of when you leave so give yourself plenty of time. Personally I'll park elsewhere and ride to the start like I did last year. Good luck with your race!

Thanks you so much. I appreciate it. I'm starting at 9:15. Will have a look at options for parking.

Hi guys

I stay in one of the estates about 1km from the start so no hassle for me. If I was you, I would park at Fourways mall or Leaping Frog shopping center and ride to the start from there. You can also try Dainfern Square. All three are on William Nicole and it is downhill all the way to near the start. Short climb up the finishing hill into river sands and you are there. Going back to where you parked will be a uphill.

So how long a drive from Sunninghill, up Witkoppen onto Main and left to the start?

Not to familiar with the area but last year it took 70min from the N1 off ramp to the parking Lot, although there were many road works so hopefully this year it won't be as bad.

I must admit after the event i was glad i didn't have to cycle up the hill to a shopping centre to get to my car as my legs were done.

Don't know if this helps.

Lots of guys and gals out on their bikes in the mornings training for the 947. While I just sit there thinking, I should probably get on a bike too :mellow:

Sometimes I wonder how peoples internet works for thehub and not for google...

You are tooooo good a person it seems.

Thank you!

Archived