Anybody know where I can weigh my bike in JHB.

Brickleberry

Go to a fishing tackle shop, you can pick up and electronic hanging scale 0-40kgs for like R150.... is pretty accurate.

I see there some scaley characters on this thread  :ph34r:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to a fishing tackle shop, you can pick up and electronic hanging scale 0-40kgs for like R150.... is pretty accurate.

I see there some scaley characters on this thread  :ph34r:

Reckon some folk are just trying to throw their weight around.

Never ever eva weigh your bike.

It will just feel heavy the next time you ride it.

R150.00!!!

So expensive. Rather scale one bro'.

If you were in CT you could use my WeiHang digital scale - genuine that's what its called

To weight accurately, you need to be at sea level on the equator.

Sorry in JHB will just not do!

A lot of people have weighed in with their opinions but now one has given a balanced view.

In reality, either you are a weight weeny and you already own a scientifically calibrated electronic scale capable of detecting differences in Atomic mass, of you are not, in which case it does not matter.

Either way, the secret to a light bicycle on a scale is to remove the bottle cages,pedals and to drain the sealant from your paper thin tyres

It's easy.

You tell yourself, " man, but my bike is light"

And then make sure you never ride or pick up another bike, ever. Then the fact that your bike is " the lightest I have ever ridden" stands true.

Easy, ignorance is bliss.

Don't forget to take off pedals, saddle bag, pump, bottle cages etc ... so you can compare and quote in a similar manner to bike companies!

Flip, I hope brickleberry's bike comes in well under 9kgs at least...all this build up then to be dropped like a tonne of bricks....

Flip, I hope brickleberry's bike comes in well under 9kgs at least...all this build up then to be dropped like a tonne of bricks....

Haha, I hope so too. It was 9,2 kgs apparently new. So with all the money spent it better be under 9. Not a huge issue for me, would just like an idea of what it weighs. No weight weenie at all, it's a alu road frame with low spec components mostly.

Archived