WesselvdWalt

...on flats we ave 75 down here in the Cape, on a bad day

only when heading in a NW direction

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - but they've set a precedent now by handing out free entries to some affected... so it's going to get tricky....

When I asked yesterday after the event - I was told I was the only person to raise an issue with the 40km route - guys we are being ignored. Also threads on Facebook page are being deleted when questions are being asked if all land owners had given permission.

Check your emails as well guys, and your spam folders

I received an email with a link to enter + the coupon code to use for the free entry

I've entered yesterday with no issues

No joy yet, will sus it out tomorrow

The Western Province MTB commission also endorsed the series and they need to seriously look at this and come out with a statement on how this is going to effect riders receiving their provincial colours.

The Western Province MTB commission also endorsed the series and they need to seriously look at this and come out with a statement on how this is going to effect riders receiving their provincial colours.

its quite clear this event can't be used as one of the qualifying races since it was a royal stuff up, thus it's best 3 of 4, so now you are compelled to participate in the remaining 3 events should you wish to qualify for provincial colours in your age category.

To Matthew and the other hubber who gave me a CO2 bomb on Saturday. 

I was the guy with the Epic and two front sidewall punctures.

If you are on the Hub, PM me please so I can replace your bombs.

Edited by B20

To Matthew and the other hubber who gave me a CO2 bomb on Saturday.

I was the guy with the Epic and two front sidewall punctures.

If you are on the Hub, PM me please so I can replace your bombs.

was he in black & orange kit?

Wessel, here is a Strava pic proving that 66 Strava users did the same 28km loop. This excludes all people who didn't use Strava to log the ride, and people who rode any other variations of the "40km" route.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-09-15-55-33.png

Another thing I don't get: at no point on the 28km route did I feel lost at all. There were chalk arrows, red tape, and regular signs. Surely if some signs were missing I would have gone flying past turns, and got lost, or hit dead ends? The route all flowed perfectly... I can understand getting lucky once or twice and ending up back on the route, but not more...

I did 28 km as well

I also did not feel lost on the route...I followed the front group and was surprised to ride over the finish line in under a hour and a half...

I will not blame advendurance for this...they always put a great event together...

Its a real pitty...enjoyed the route allot..well the little bit of the route we got to ride...I agree most of the 40km riders only did 28km.

Hopefully we can get a free entry for the next race..

Morning,

Aren`t the 20km "FUN RIDES" not allowed to climb over 300m? My wife did the 20km "FUN RIDE" and climbed 348m.

They rode most of what the 40km riders did (I know we only did 28km and that markers where stolen) but seriously for someone wanting to enter mountain biking and doing their first race this was not a "FUN RIDE"

Are you trying to deter people from riding, or trying to set a tough standard for the Trailseeker races in the WC?

The race was rather disappointing, nothing like the stunning scenery races in Gauteng. I think you could have done a lot better, and I am hoping that in the next race in Grabouw you will use the scenery routes and single trails more.

From the tone of all these posts it seems everyone had a terrible ride because of all the route issues. But I was there - had an incredible ride up and down the mountain, and had a super day out on the bike. And from the faces at the finish line, I think most people had a similar experience.

Sure, there were some issues - but it's crazy to be making assumptions about permissions to ride on farm owners' land, and organisers' supposed unwillingness to rectify the issues. If you really feel you were wronged, send the team an email. If they don't respond after a couple of days (not counting Sunday, ffs), then sure, come tell us about it. 

Morning,

Aren`t the 20km "FUN RIDES" not allowed to climb over 300m? My wife did the 20km "FUN RIDE" and climbed 348m.

They rode most of what the 40km riders did (I know we only did 28km and that markers where stolen) but seriously for someone wanting to enter mountain biking and doing their first race this was not a "FUN RIDE"

Are you trying to deter people from riding, or trying to set a tough standard for the Trailseeker races in the WC?

The race was rather disappointing, nothing like the stunning scenery races in Gauteng. I think you could have done a lot better, and I am hoping that in the next race in Grabouw you will use the scenery routes and single trails more.

Cycle GT -Sorry to burst your bubble but respectfully ,Your wife needs to get fitter & practice her climbing more, or do some Road fun rides.

That route could not get more simple if you tried. Its all relative, ut NO hills to speak of really and most of it on gravel roads. I think they got it spot on for a fun ride. No disrespect but moaning about an addtional 48 metres of climbing is a whinge. It does not get easier than that bud. That was deffo a funride.

I'm not sure what your wife was looking for ito a FUN Ride ? And thats an honest question, no malice intended.

From the tone of all these posts it seems everyone had a terrible ride because of all the route issues. But I was there - had an incredible ride up and down the mountain, and had a super day out on the bike. And from the faces at the finish line, I think most people had a similar experience.

Sure, there were some issues - but it's crazy to be making assumptions about permissions to ride on farm owners' land, and organisers' supposed unwillingness to rectify the issues. If you really feel you were wronged, send the team an email. If they don't respond after a couple of days (not counting Sunday, ffs), then sure, come tell us about it. 

I also had an incredible ride, 55km. I enjoyed the scenery, the ST up and down, going through the tunnel, taking a few jumps, I felt on top of the world. But other okes I know rode only 30 odd kms and missed out the mountain completely, had that happened to me, I would have been singing a totally different tune.