[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #2 Grabouw

WesselvdWalt

What's the story with the results?

Did the 70 (5) and finished in 4:47 but my name is not included in the results - the guy scanning the board seemed to have issues with my number but another guy wrote down the details.

I sure didn't expend that amount of pain not to at least get my seeding up..............

Same thing happened to my wife...emailed them but haven't got a reply yet!!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No man guys,stop it already! All this talk of mud, cold, wet, cramps, extended routes, etc. We okes up here in the big smoke doing the Gauteng series are getting seriously jealous! Looling forward to the Lionman Marathon in a few sleeps, cannot wait!

My wife didn't get a time after the the first race, emailed them a few times and got no response. After that she found the email for the boss of the company that does the timing and he got her time up and loaded.

Some dude was next to me in the start shoot, no gloves or arm warmers, as we descended into the valley my Garmin resisted -2.6 degrees, I felt so sorry for him.

That might have been me. I could hear icicles cracking in my fingertips when I tried to move them. After an hour's riding. :)

My wife didn't get a time after the the first race, emailed them a few times and got no response. After that she found the email for the boss of the company that does the timing and he got her time up and loaded.

Mmm, maybe I should get that email address.

Don't get me wrong, I love this Trailseeker races and I'm doing all of them. Maybe they should also look at a chip like racetec...

That might have been me. I could hear icicles cracking in my fingertips when I tried to move them. After an hour's riding. :)

did you seriously line up just in your little pants and Jersey, did it dawn on your that you where in for a serious cold time, dude you must have frozen solid

I ended up with 77km and a few others I know with 75km.

Also, climbing was around 1 700m.

Really annoys me when you prepare for one thing and get another.

Anyhow, was a very good, tough ride. Was broken afterwards.

Looking forward to Hemel & Aarde

did you seriously line up just in your little pants and Jersey, did it dawn on your that you where in for a serious cold time, dude you must have frozen solid

Erm... Yes. Schoolboy error. Thought it would have warmed up a bit by 8am, and was ready for a chilly start - but yes, Saturday was super cold. 

Also had a moment where my fingers thought they were pulling the brake levers, but they were pulling on air. 

Erm... Yes. Schoolboy error. Thought it would have warmed up a bit by 8am, and was ready for a chilly start - but yes, Saturday was super cold. 

Also had a moment where my fingers thought they were pulling the brake levers, but they were pulling on air. 

On a few occasions I was completely blinded turning into the sun in the mist.

Haha, I hit that puddle so hard, I had a wall of water up to my chest. My phone got completely drenched, and my shock bottomed out, but somehow I managed to cling on while getting spat out on the other side of the dam. I was sopping wet after that incident. I just laughed as I heard the folks behind me start dragging tyres trying to stop. I was bombing down that road doing around 40ish kph... :eek:

i would strip BB & wheel bearings for a regrease after hitting that dam, cause that was at least saddle height deep.

I see Strava reckons that I did 719m of elevation for the half marathon.  Who else did the half, and what does your data say?

BTW, this was my longest MTB race so far.  But I need to find out why my lower back is killing me.  I reckon my bike frame is too small.

Often times it is from a weak core. I know when I have to belt it on a longish ride it get lower back pain. Only due to weak core for me at least.

Often times it is from a weak core. I know when I have to belt it on a longish ride it get lower back pain. Only due to weak core for me at least.

Makes sense.  I must work much harder than other blokes at sport to improve.  I am doing surfski and river paddling also, and really struggle to even get to the middle of the pack, no matter how hard I work at it.  I am an Asthma sufferer and did almost no sport at school (was the resident nerd). Guess the chickens have come home to roost. :mellow:

I am 1.82m tall and my current weight is 83kg. I have never weighed more than 85kg.

Edited by Moridin