UCI MTB World Cup, France: DH 1

jimmycool

So, how many of you guys are excited to see the first round of the Downhill racing this year? It seems like an eternity since the end of the last season.

It will be interesting to see the changes/ shuffles in the various teams and also the new tech/ equipment that will be on show.

Thumbs up to Red Bull for providing us with all the action online :thumbup: 

A cool video of Ratboy and what he's been up to in the off season.

http://www.redbull.com/za/en/bike/stories/1331711781176/downtime-mtb-downhill-rider-josh-bryceland

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://image2.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2014-06-14/1331697596227_2/0010/1/1500/1000/2/et-vildt-%C3%A5r-for-downhill.JPG

Track preview

Yoh!! That is intense! How tighhhht is that top section whole track :eek:

This is gonna be one awesome start to the season. The one who can hold off the brakes as much as possible and carry momentum is going to be the winner here.

So nice and natural - bundu bashing at its best.

Yoh!! That is intense! How tighhhht is that top section whole track :eek:

This is gonna be one awesome start to the season. The one who can hold off the brakes as much as possible and carry momentum is going to be the winner here.

So nice and natural - bundu bashing at its best.

whether you realize it or not, you just called Sam Hill ftw. I wholeheartedly agree with you! 

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

the Lourdes team is opening it up a bit more - and the trail is off limits to ALL riders for like 3 months before the event - last time okes were allowed on was in like December.

So should be interesting.

If they find riders on it they will be disqualified ... hahaha

When does the first race start this session?

I have seen that Andrew Neethling has signed up with Hutchinson Ur Polygon team. His brother will be his mechanic this year.

When does the first race start this session?

2015 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup calendar

-       DHI   # 1                     April 11-12                  Lourdes (France)

-       XCO # 1                     May 23-24                  Nove Mesto na Morave (Czech Republic)

-       XCO # 2                     May 30-31                  Albstadt (Germany)

-       DHI   # 2                     June 6-7                     Fort William (Great Britain)

-       DHI   # 3                     June 13-14                 Leogang (Austria)

-       XCO # 3/ DHI # 4      July 4-5                      Lenzerheide (Switzerland)

-       XCO # 4/ DHI # 5      August 1-2                  Mont-Sainte-Anne (Canada)

-       XCO # 5/ DHI # 6      August 8-9                  Windham (United States)

-       XCO # 6/ DHI # 7      August 22-23              Val di Sole (Italy)

Source: UCI

Edited by Capricorn

No South Africa on the calendar this year? I wonder why.

Because our bid was not accepted ... 

The UCI was also looking to consolidate the events in Europe and USA .

The DH teams especially do not like SA - so there is a refocus and we will see what happens from now on - 

I came to open the topic because I am so frikkin excited..and see others are more excited than me

NZ has been interesting...I see greg has done a serious injury again on his hand and got a special cast to help him ride in 2 weeks time (should ideally be resting it for 6 weeks) - ligament tear or something like that...so with that and peaty's injury...the syndicate is looking a bit battered and bruised...ironically, the one looking the fittest injury wise is ratboy!

among the girls...everyone seems to have had an off season tumble at some point or the others....but they seem to make blood look good  :ph34r:

11111329_1566527973602829_1152742661_n.j