2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

I just can't wait to get out there now - but so much to do first!

New wheels need to be finished, taped and tyres mounted, Stans poured in. Rotors mounted, cassette installed. Bike washed (still dirty from Sani).

Front brake to be bled, drivetrain to be cleaned and lubed.

Then the early morning wake up and drive to the race....what about breakfast?

Will my toddlers sleep through and allow me to get some quality sleep the night before the race? Not likely....

75km in the Magaliesberg is the least of my worries at the moment :)

hopefully you took a day off work?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't wait to get out there now - but so much to do first!

New wheels need to be finished, taped and tyres mounted, Stans poured in. Rotors mounted, cassette installed. Bike washed (still dirty from Sani).

Front brake to be bled, drivetrain to be cleaned and lubed.

Then the early morning wake up and drive to the race....what about breakfast?

Will my toddlers sleep through and allow me to get some quality sleep the night before the race? Not likely....

75km in the Magaliesberg is the least of my worries at the moment :)

Have sent the wife and kids to granny for the night so that I can get some decent zzz's

Still wondering how stupid it would be to attempt with a broken thumb...

Depends entirely on how stupid you WANT to be...

Well we were loadshed at work at 10.. and boss sent me home.. so I picked up the kids from school and can pack ... then as soon as the hubby gets home at 1pm we'll leave.

Well we were loadshed at work at 10.. and boss sent me home.. so I picked up the kids from school and can pack ... then as soon as the hubby gets home at 1pm we'll leave.

Suddenly I am wishing for some loadingshedding and a boss like yours!!

Suddenly I am wishing for some loadingshedding and a boss like yours!!

Lol.. he has his moments [emoji6]

Still wondering how stupid it would be to attempt with a broken thumb...

Stabilize with a splint and don,t change gears to much 

Does anyone know what the final mileage and ascent is for tomorrow. I see the website still shows 78.5 and 1804m climb

Does anyone know what the final mileage and ascent is for tomorrow. I see the website still shows 78.5 and 1804m climb

I would plan for the 78.5km with helluva 1804m climbing and if its less than that BONUS!!

I would plan for the 78.5km with helluva 1804m climbing and if its less than that BONUS!!

Like your thinking!

bike washed and lubed. everything packed. tomorrow morning it's water bottels, breakfast and shammy cream! cant wait, its gonna be one fuuunnnn!

bike washed and lubed. everything packed. tomorrow morning it's water bottels, breakfast and shammy cream! cant wait, its gonna be one fuuunnnn!

Me too. Sitting in bed watching TV now. Sipping on a whiskey to put the brain into lull mode (I know I shouldn't, but it works).

Got to get up at 5 - sigh. But amped to do my first MM.

Weather was lovely when we arrived.. don't forget the sunscreen. . It's going to get warm..

Archived