Fitting ESI Grips

finallygotabike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I let soak in a bucket of water, after taking out of water, immediately slide onto bar, no chemicals involved, and works a charm....

To take off, fit Nozzle of Air Gun under small oportion of the grip on the inner side of the handle bar and let the Air do the rest....

You will notice that the grip has a thicker side. This should face toward your palm to provide a bit of extra cushioning. It's quite noticeable when off, but in the heat of trying to wrangle it onto the bars, and with the grip being twisted and compressed it isn't always easy to see the thicker side. Stick a pin into the side of the grip on the tick side, so that with your last turn onto the bar you can line up the thick side nicely where your palm normally rests. 

Makes it a swine when it comes time to remove them doesn't it?

With all my mileage they only last a month :whistling: , so just cut them off.

• 3 months later...

Ive just bought a pair of ESI chunky grips package says leave for 24 hrs I cant wait that long how long did you guys wait going for windolene as per packaging

Guest notmyname

Ive just bought a pair of ESI chunky grips package says leave for 24 hrs I cant wait that long how long did you guys wait going for windolene as per packaging

Windolene or meths works fine.

• 8 months later...

Try using windowlene

Arg but it's hit and miss with those things.. sometimes they slip on easy and some days you need to have a coffee break to regroup and think up a new strategy. 

Someone mentioned I try using hairspray.. :eek:  :eek:  haven't tried that yet.

This is exactly how it is.... you couldn't have explained it any better...

Windowlene works a charm though, soak it nicely though...

Archived