Happy Easter!!What are your Easter weekend riding plans?

L.T.G

Guest notmyname

Blue-Yellow-Blue at Heia yesterday. Great ride :-)

Saw a kid who'd fallen from the floating bridge into the pond and lost his bike . . . . 3 hrs later he was still looking. Apparently it sank like a stone.

Trails are looking good, as always.

Today is a rest day, tomorrow will be back to Heia for a Blue-Red-Yellow-Breakfast :-)

That first bridge is sketchy.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting day today.

Found an awesome spot in Kempton where they are doing roadworks, so plenty of play space for my MTB. Want to go ride there today.

Go out early this AM with my boy (he is 10). Get 5km away and he decides he has had enough (play spot is 10.5km away). So we head back.

I drop him off and head off on my own. While messing around out there my chain snaps - sigh. Thankfully I carry my old S3 for Strava, so call wifey. She picks me up and we head off to Sportsman's Warehouse. Get a new chain fitted, and off I go again. 3rd attempt. And profit.

Had a blast.

Found an awesome spot in Kempton where they are doing roadworks

I hope you don't mean that sketchy piece where they're widening Zuurfontein near the end of Allandale...

I hope you don't mean that sketchy piece where they're widening Zuurfontein near the end of Allandale...

Yup. Right there. Had fun.

Being holiday time, it was very quiet.

Friday: Montagu to Ladismith

Saturday: Ladiesmith to Laingsburg

Sunday: Laingsburg to Montagu

Anysberg, seweweekspoort and mostly all dirt back roads 90-130kms per day...

Lots of wine , good company, and scenery :)

Stressing a bit cos I'm the only one in the group not training for an ultra marathon this month! But super excited cos this is how one should ride a bike :)

Total distance 330km

Elevation 4064,

Average speed 18kms.

Cool weather (luckily) some rain and wind but we are Capies so we know about wind.

Saw Zebra, Gemsbok, Eland, Hartebeest ( from a distance!!) baboons, dassies, raptors... And 5 Monkeys on Bikes!

Coffee stops in the middle of nowhere, Karoo hospitality and generally just a chance to switch off.

Was a great weekend away!

(And I will never diss my Assos brooks again! :P )

Easter riding is over :-(

3 rides in 4 days happy with that :-)

Spoke to a chap at Heia this morning who told me they're building'a 180m floating bridge soon :-)

Went down to kzn,rode Giba on thursday,clearwater on Saturday,where I had a nice intimate interaction with a rock face. Couldn't ride on the other days due to shatty weather.

I plan on riding myself into a coma this weekend! This is my first Easter weekend off in 12 years!

Friday: 1.50Km easy road ride

2.Chris Nixon pump track session

Saturday: 1. 4am OMTO crash ride 50km

2. Welvanpas Dirtopia Enduro

Sunday: 1. Welvanpas Dirtopia Enduro

Monday: 1. 160km road ride

Tuesday: Dead...

Mission accomplished!

Friday: Did the 50km road ride and rode at Chris Nixon's place for 2 hours. It was great tried a whole lot of different bikes with friends.

Saturday: Rode the crash ride on my MTB, started at 4am. We made our way to Welvanpas for the enduro. It was fantastic! Such a cool concept. I finished 17th on the day on my hard tail out of around 60 entrants.

Sunday: Day 2 of the enduro, it was even better than the first. I loved stage 2 "the full Monty" it was an 8 minute single track! Finished 16th on the day and 1st hard tail again.

Monday: 207km road ride around the peninsula.

Today: Feel like death...

Some pictures from the Enduro

post-41053-0-21544900-1428390739_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-41218100-1428390740_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-88119400-1428390741_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-39544500-1428390743_thumb.jpg

post-41053-0-64369400-1428390744_thumb.jpg

It was fun!

ô-suuuhm!

I have been playing with a similar idea and your video just resurrected it again. That one cottage with the swimming pool out front looked like heaven. Care to share the route?

Mission accomplished!

Friday: Did the 50km road ride and rode at Chris Nixon's place for 2 hours. It was great tried a whole lot of different bikes with friends.

Saturday: Rode the crash ride on my MTB, started at 4am. We made our way to Welvanpas for the enduro. It was fantastic! Such a cool concept. I finished 17th on the day on my hard tail out of around 60 entrants.

Sunday: Day 2 of the enduro, it was even better than the first. I loved stage 2 "the full Monty" it was an 8 minute single track! Finished 16th on the day and 1st hard tail again.

Monday: 207km road ride around the peninsula.

Today: Feel like death...

Some pictures from the Enduro

attachicon.gifIMG_7923 sml.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7924 sml.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7925 sml.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7926 sml.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7927 sml.jpg

Were you on the Fondriest for the 'duro, Don?

As you could see on Friday, my legs were TOAST at the bike park. I did some running sprint repeats (HIIT stuff) the day before and was REALLY feeling it on the bike. Could hardly walk the rest of the day. 

ô-suuuhm!

I have been playing with a similar idea and your video just resurrected it again. That one cottage with the swimming pool out front looked like heaven. Care to share the route?

The "cottage" is Wagendrift Lodge 62kms on the other side of Seweweekspoort en route to Laingsburg.

Most of the route was district road - the 3 rd day went through the Anysberg reserve.

I will prob have to send you my strava links as I don't know exactly what roads we took but in the map books or google maps it's easy enough to plot a course.

We left our cars at Desert Wind Game Farm (montagu/ touwsriver) ( friends know the owners) and overnighted at a B&B 7 on Eland in Ladismith.

Second day was thru Seweweeks via the Hoeko valley to Wagendrift.

3rd day was over the witnekkie pass before turning onto dirt ( back towards Ladismith) and then thru the Anysberg gate and a ride thru the reserve before coming out on the other side and a zigzag back to Desert Wind.

Were you on the Fondriest for the 'duro, Don?

As you could see on Friday, my legs were TOAST at the bike park. I did some running sprint repeats (HIIT stuff) the day before and was REALLY feeling it on the bike. Could hardly walk the rest of the day. 

No, I eventually raced with my GT Zaskar cross country bike.

Archived