Bestmed Capital Classic

Prince

I'm in, there's not a lot of races in May so the entry fee (although expensive  :thumbdown: ) won't be a deal breaker.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in. Finally, a race I don't need to wake up at sparrow's fart for. I live 3km from the the starting line. :P

It's basically the boring 20km section from the old 94.7 done 5 times with the rest of the cool bits being left out  :wacko:

I'm in. Finally, a race I don't need to wake up at sparrow's fart for. I live 3km from the the starting line. :P

Me too :clap:

I am in.

ASG say they have invested in 1500 traffic cones to demarcate the right hand lane which we will be riding in. That is one cone every 60 odd meters. Great investment. Will hopefully keep the cars at bay.

My concern is how will a bunch successfully negotiate a cone every 60 meters.

The N14 has a big wide shoulder on the left (where we are NOT riding) and no shoulder on the right. 

I am in.

ASG say they have invested in 1500 traffic cones to demarcate the right hand lane which we will be riding in. That is one cone every 60 odd meters. Great investment. Will hopefully keep the cars at bay.

My concern is how will a bunch successfully negotiate a cone every 60 meters.

The N14 has a big wide shoulder on the left (where we are NOT riding) and no shoulder on the right. 

I would guess that this is done in order to keep slipways clear, meaning also less marshals are needed. Its also easier at the turn around, so we do not have to cross any lanes, effectively blocking traffic. Now people must just learn how to be less selfish and keep on the right side of the cones.

I would guess that this is done in order to keep slipways clear, meaning also less marshals are needed. Its also easier at the turn around, so we do not have to cross any lanes, effectively blocking traffic. Now people must just learn how to be less selfish and keep on the right side of the cones.

You don't need 1500 cones for that. On the race website they say that it is for lane splitting the N14.

Can't see us turning around at Muldersdrift, there is an island in the middle which is made by kerbs, unless we go further on and turn around or turn around before Muldersdrift

You don't need 1500 cones for that. On the race website they say that it is for lane splitting the N14.

Exactly, we only use the right lane, so traffic can flow freely on the left lane, entering and exiting as they want with no bicycles in their way.

Can't see us turning around at Muldersdrift, there is an island in the middle which is made by kerbs, unless we go further on and turn around or turn around before Muldersdrift

If I am correct they stated that a turning point was being built and tarred over the central island.

Archived