After the long weekend...

jonnow

I got into work this morning, and it just seems that everything just isn't right.  My PC is slow, the mouse doesn't want to work, the boss seems more grumpy than usual.  I didn't get too much riding in but I'm sitting here and all I can think about is how I would rather be in the saddle somewhere other than here  :mellow:

EDIT: Typo

Edited by jonnow

I'm waiting, it's been 15 minutes so far.

Went and made coffee, and then the grumpy boss wants an answer, now.

post-1372-1428387317,7878.jpg

got into the office early this morning (little one is sick, so staying at home with my OH) and put the coffee on and look in the fridge for bread to make eggs on toast. 

Open the packet, and little spots of white and green stare out at me. 

There goes that idea.

Coffee is percolating in the background, so I take out the milk in preparation. Open it, and whonk! The smell of off milk assaults my nose like a 13 year old being told she can't go to 1D. 

FML.

Hello Berocca Boost, and black coffee. **** you, Tuesday. **** you.

Apart from riding all over Mc Gregor this weekend, the best thing that I did was to get a springbok pie from Peregrine Farm Stall.  So good that I stopped on the way up and back down again.

But today is a work write off.  At least until 1pm. 

Winter is pending. Nights are longer. All the summer fun is over...

But i do love the autumn riding - Cosmos are lekker up here on the Highveld and its cool in the mornings.

But i do get the morbs a bit at this time of year....

Went up to Gaborone to help the guys recce the 2015 KalChal route (http://www.kalchal.com/)

Had a brilliant weekend riding until I had a massive pedal strike, OTB'd, smashed my finger (again) and did something nasty to my leg / ankle...my foot & ankle were so swollen this morning that I could not get into my work shoes.

in other words, a GREAT WEEKEND.

I am still just staring at my computer. Ended my weekend off with a 6 hour ride yesterday, the effects are very prominent today. Ah well, luckily my boss is also a cyclist :clap:

I didn't even touch a bicycle this 'long' weekend (my bikes and I were in seperate provinces) and I over ate so today I just feel 'plummy' - I HATE THIS FEELING. Basically this whole year thus far I have not been on the bike as much as I use to and hence I have gained unhealthy kg's by the ton. Turning that all around NOW. ...blue Monday for sure (and it isnt even Monday). <_<  -_-