[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Die Burger MTB Challenge
When: 2 August 2015
Where: Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Die Burger 2015 - MOST SCENIC ROUTES FOR ALL LEVEL MOUNTAIN BIKERS

Die Burger MTB Challenge will take place for the tenth year in 2015 in Stellenbosch on Sunday 2 August and is expected to hit a record amount of 5000 riders.

The event, which is renowned for its challenging and picturesque wineland routes, will be held in association with the Simonsberg Conservancy and will boast six scenic mountain bike routes to cater for all levels of riding.

For the second year riders will have the option to participate in the 50km route which leads to the south-eastern part of this town. This route will be an extension of the popular 30km route and although it is only 8km longer than the 42km, it is a much easier route! Riders should not be fooled by the distances.

Meurant Botha of Dirtopia, who has been designing and maintaining mountain bike trails for over fifteen years, says that the routes will pass through more than 50 farms in the area, giving riders the opportunity to tackle some of the best and most beautiful trails in the country. At the finish line there will be kiddies entertainment, food & drink, medals to all finishers, and make sure you stay for prize giving & the lucky draw where a bike can be won.

DATE: Sunday 2 August 2015

VENUE: Stellenbosch

TIME: First start at 08h05, last at 10h20 (provisional)

DISTANCES:

• 15km funride for children & novices.

• 30km funride for beginner riders

• 50km challenge for intermediate

• 42km funride for intermediate riders, but fitter riders

• 60km challenge for advanced riders

• 75km invitation race for top riders

Entries will open on the 1st of June and close 20th of July, or as soon as the entry limit is reached. June entry fee discount apply.

For further information email info@dirtopia.co.za or call Dirtopia Trail Centre on 021 884 4752 or check out the website http://www.dieburgermtbchallenge.co.za/

Make sure you LIKE Die Burger MTB Challenge page on Facebook to stay updated with all information.

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this different from the one at the start of the year? CTCT one...

You start at Eikestad Primary School and do most of the CTCT route in the opposite direction. Or maybe the CTCT was most of Die Burger MTB Challenge, just in the opposite direction....  :ph34r:

You start at Eikestad Primary School and do most of the CTCT route in the opposite direction. Or maybe the CTCT was most of Die Burger MTB Challenge, just in the opposite direction.... :ph34r:

same route organizer go figure

I dont understand the descriptions:

How do they say the 50km is a challenge when it is 650m climb and the 42km is a funride but it has 1200m climbing?

I would think to the novice that's not doing their homework it would sound that the 42km is easier than the 50km.

Is the ride of the CTCT MTB not on the other side of Simonsberg?

This on sort of stay on the Stellenbosch side right?

Will there be the same bottle neck again under that bridge? If so please advertise, that there is also a 500m walk included in your ride as well.

How do they say the 50km is a challenge when it is 650m climb and the 42km is a funride but it has 1200m climbing?

I would think to the novice that's not doing their homework it would sound that the 42km is easier than the 50km.

I think it was advertised the other way around elsewhere!

Ok looking at route profiles its CTCT + a ride around Stellenbosch town... The 42km gets none of the nice parts of Simonsberg conservancy though.

The 60 and 75 get all the nice parts to ride though.. but if lots of riders you'll just earn a spot in the queue in that single track...

Well then next time that novice would know to do their homework before entering

I think it was advertised the other way around elsewhere!

Ok looking at route profiles its CTCT + a ride around Stellenbosch town... The 42km gets none of the nice parts of Simonsberg conservancy though.

The 60 and 75 get all the nice parts to ride though.. but if lots of riders you'll just earn a spot in the queue in that single track...

you only get invited to the 75km so all the riders there will not cause a queue  :ph34r:

Website says 2 Aug?

That sucks it used to be on the saturday, i have a wedding that saturday so wont be able to cycle the sunday...

That sucks it used to be on the saturday, i have a wedding that saturday so wont be able to cycle the sunday...

Is it your wedding?

Im sure your bride to be  will understand and happily move the date for your ride.  Actually that would be a great indicator of your marraige destiny.  :whistling:

Archived