[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I entered the 60km only to get the invite afterwards which they gladly changed afterwards. I'm sure invites will go out closer to the event time.

Anyone know when entries open? The site says 9 June, but nothing more specific.

Anyone know when entries open? The site says 9 June, but nothing more specific.

According to their FB page, tonight.

Anyone interested in bottle-necks, unskilled people walking jeep tracks, ST freaking folks out, bridges making people have visions of armageddon?

I think I'll  pass...

I dont understand the descriptions:

• 50km challenge for intermediate

• 42km funride for intermediate riders, but fitter riders

How do they say the 50km is a challenge when it is 650m climb and the 42km is a funride but it has 1200m climbing?

I would think to the novice that's not doing their homework it would sound that the 42km is easier than the 50km.

Hi  Lerouc,

Sorry the PR piece was incorrect. You are right the 42km is a lot tougher than the 50km. 

Kind Regards

Dirtopia Team

Can anyone tell me how the 50km is? Or which distance you would recommend?

Regards

Here is the 50km in strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/174261523

It was not that bad, lots of fun, dont take yourself seriously, there are a lot of bottlenecks, ques at bridges and people riding 4 a breast.

Take it for what it is, a mass participation event.

Thanks man!!

I heard the 42km is allot tougher.

Yeah, it goes up the mountain, the 50km one just cruises along some gravel roads in the winelands. Horses for courses.

Will there be the same bottle neck again under that bridge? If so please advertise, that there is also a 500m walk included in your ride as well.

I see we have a new finishing venue - so that walk under the bridge might be out (that bridge crossing have been a big complaint for aeons...)

But the new ending venue - the van der stell sportgrounds - is also on the "wrong side" of the R44 - would be interesting to see what route they are going to pick to go across the R44.

I see we have a new finishing venue - so that walk under the bridge might be out (that bridge crossing have been a big complaint for aeons...)

But the new ending venue - the van der stell sportgrounds - is also on the "wrong side" of the R44 - would be interesting to see what route they are going to pick to go across the R44.

I think this solution shall suffice!!! (Obviously bigger to go over all 4 lanes of R44, duh)

http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-01-at-9.05.18-AM.png

Archived