2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were 2 teams. A team plugging for a sub 6 time with a few first timers and a more social mixed team aiming for the CM medal also with a few DC virgins. (Was my first year riding with this team!) Like many of the teams we had riders that were part of the teams from all over the country so fitting in full team rides ahead of the actual event was all but impossible. Despite that and the conditions and 6 mechanicals in the more race orientated team, we all had a very good time on the day as a culmination of the months of prep leading up to it and the friendships and 'gees' that evolved during that time, wrapped up in the magic of a styling day to be on a bike and participating in this event! 

The logistics, catering et al, certainly keep improving with each passing year! Well done CDC team on this!

It's such a lekka weekend for catching up with old cycling mates at the event and sharing all the little interesting things that make that day stand out for each of the riders in the post ride catchups! 

Some pics:

post-1208-0-45315800-1448385157_thumb.jpg

Check out the photobomber! (Ninja level bru!)

post-1208-0-68308800-1448385184_thumb.jpg

The real heroes of the day were the guys and girls coming in with the last support vehicles trying to make it round the full course! 

See you all next year!

I'm quite chuffed that our team made the Coronation DC Facebook page. Must be the striking baby blue kit we were wearing :blush: :whistling:   My third DC for Group Five and my most enjoyable yet. We were a bunch of colleagues of varying ability but great team work and camaraderie ensured we got the Charles Milner medal we wanted in 8:43. Even though we got soaked and it was freezing on one or two of the descents, I still prefered the weather to the heat and wind of previous years. Event of the year!12247044_1122250171127760_12077670879198

would it be wise to do this as a solo ride ? *not on DC sunday ?*

just avoid the N2 start. I'd get someone to drop me in Suurbraak if possible. You may need to make a sho't right on the R62 to fill up at Barrydale, otherwise the rest could make for a decent ride.

would it be wise to do this as a solo ride ? *not on  DC sunday ?*

If you plan it for late December or early January I would like to join you.

you okes ride at what 30km avg to warm up ? Hell if I go that fast downhill its quick.

I am more a ride as slow as possible to get to whatever finish just in time so you miss nothing stop often on the ride and never stress the heart going out of HR zone 3.

Maybe we should put things to the real test - I will do one lap, and if you guys can lap me, well then braggin rites to you. That means you will have to do 400km in one day and I will have to do 200km.

Yes! Thats us! Could not have said it any better!!! what a awesome bunch of girls!!!

great write up !! you should put it on here ... maybe hurt a few more ego's!

Archived