2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

I saw lots of ppl riding yesterday, I was surprised to say the least. Most of them looked like overweight fun rider types, very strange...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1

And they are wanting to do it in 6hours. Some guys haven't ever broken 3hours for 947 and now want to sub 6 the DC... gonna be a long day.

????????????????????

What makes you think you a sub 5h20 rider? 

Whoops that was a typo, meant to say 5h30. I recon recent training and racing form. I luckily got into a competitive team (LBL), will see what happens. Haven't had the best of luck recently with racing, it would be nice to get one really good result. 

Whoops that was a typo, meant to say 5h30. I recon recent training and racing form. I luckily got into a competitive team (LBL), will see what happens. Haven't had the best of luck recently with racing, it would be nice to get one really good result. 

With the new race format 5h30 is the new 6h00. Anything under that and you're starting to get into very rarified territory...

With the new race format 5h30 is the new 6h00. Anything under that and you're starting to get into very rarified territory...

Why is that ? 

I've never done this race before so i'm not familiar with the rules. 

i heard there is compulsory stops, is that to let dropped riders catch up ? or to let slower teams catch there breath. 

PPA guy said that MTN guys will come to CT and do DC.... I hope they dont push too hard hahahaha

Guest Lancesball

Why is that ? 

I've never done this race before so i'm not familiar with the rules. 

i heard there is compulsory stops, is that to let dropped riders catch up ? or to let slower teams catch there breath. 

You raced it last year with the guys from Swift and DNF'd unfortunately.

You raced it last year with the guys from Swift and DNF'd unfortunately.

True, i'd like to think  i'm a different rider this year ( I hope ). Power stats ect are massively different. Had only been cycling for 2 years then. 

Also i'm not cycling from Cape Town to Plett during the week leading up to DC.  :blush:

True, i'd like to think i'm a different rider this year ( I hope ). Power stats ect are massively different. Had only been cycling for 2 years then.

Also i'm not cycling from Cape Town to Plett during the week leading up to DC. :blush:

I'm confused? Have you not done this race before or did you not finish?

Guest Lancesball

True, i'd like to think  i'm a different rider this year ( I hope ). Power stats ect are massively different. Had only been cycling for 2 years then. 

Also i'm not cycling from Cape Town to Plett during the week leading up to DC.  :blush:

Why would you say you have not done it then when you have?

I'm confused? Have you not done this race before or did you not finish?

Haven't finished, tried it last year but was horribly fatigued and didn't finish or even get to half way. Grouped with a couple of other dropped riders and rode back to the start. 

Why would you say you have not done it then when you have?

Well i meant i haven't got far into it and haven't really experienced the race and don't understand the new rules. 

When I rode for Daikin we managed to get times between 5:11 - 5:20. with no tea stops.

The 30min stops makes the DC a lot easier...he old race forced you to plan your race, who will last and give wheels to weaker rider. Miss those days  :mellow:

When I rode for Daikin we managed to get times between 5:11 - 5:20. with no tea stops.

The 30min stops makes the DC a lot easier...he old race forced you to plan your race, who will last and give wheels to weaker rider. Miss those days  :mellow:

New format bring new tactics. But it doesnt make the racing any easier, just a bit faster maybe.

Archived