Shimano DEORE XT 11 speed and 1x11 option unveiled

gummibear

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornings, re the Pre-orders, I'm assuming no more stock to buy a full 1x11 XT groupset?

We have one 2 x 11 Groupset left and 3 XT Upgrade kits (Shifter/Chain/Cassette/RD) - as of this AM.

You can mail Janos@evobikes.co.za  if interested and double check if it is still available.

We have one 2 x 11 Groupset left and 3 XT Upgrade kits (Shifter/Chain/Cassette/RD) - as of this AM.

You can mail Janos@evobikes.co.za  if interested and double check if it is still available.

Thanks, want to to go the 1x11 so these options won't work for me.

Thx Naas!

Not a bad cost factor to go 1x11, R3,5k if your ex drivetrain are in good nick

attachicon.gifWP_20150717_16_00_22_Pro.jpg

Not bad prices, your maths is a little out, R4150 to do it if you don't need chain ring.

Though at those prices I'd use a brand new chainring unless your existing one was pristine

Edited by Skylark

Not bad prices, your maths is a little out, R4150 to do it if you don't need chain ring.

Though at those prices I'd use a brand new chainring unless your existing one was pristine

I was running 2X10, so had to go with a new chainring. With only XT 11-40 available, I opted to go with Oval 32T, as it should assist climbs, and drive flats a little better. Keen to try it asap, but not with the Cold Front of the year passing by!!

Edit: I sold my ex parts for R1750, calculated in cost :)

Edited by BrandonF

Thought this info might be useful in this thread.

Shimano SA will be receiving (if all goes to plan) there second batch of 500 XT 11-42T Cassettes on the 30 August, some might be available before that in small quantities.

How much lighter will xt 1x11 be compared to xt 2x10?

I wonder because it looks like you save the weight of the fd and the front shifter. (One chainring moves from the crank to the casette.)

I wonder because it looks like you save the weight of the fd and the front shifter. (One chainring moves from the crank to the casette.)

Converting 2x10 XT to 1x10 XT saves about 400g.

I'll weigh tomorrow and post it here...

Edited by BrandonF

And the cable.

About 400g or so

So can I keep my old ten speed xt crank and chain rings or do I need eleven speed chain rings?

So can I keep my old ten speed xt crank and chain rings or do I need eleven speed chain rings?

Yes you can keep 10 spd crank and chainrings - do not need to be 11 spd chainrings for it to work.