Cycling Safety survey - actually a marketing con

cat-i

How long does it take? Can always fill it in worth bogus answers to waste their time.... Think having a teacher for a wide could be handy here

Filled it out - they want to sell you a safety tracker for R 1700-00 per month icw Tracker that has a 5 hour battery life, a 5 minute reporting interval and they want a R50 per month fee for the service.

Its a crap piece of tech if you ask me and another thing you need to carry.

Honestly just write an app - everyone carries a cell phone. Hardware solutions are so dead these days. The cell phone has all the sensors to do it.

THere are cell phone apps like eblockwatch that do it.

Cycle Lab and Tracker doing some research into cycle safety. And a R3000 cyclelab voucher up for grabs in a lucky draw.

http://bat.iyoq.co.za/TRCycle/TRCycle.htm

A safety tracker for R 1700-00 per month icw Tracker that has a 5 hour battery life, a 5 minute reporting interval and they want a R50 per month fee for the service. Its a crap piece of tech if you ask me and another thing you need to carry.

Honestly just write an app - everyone carries a cell phone. Hardware solutions are so dead these days. The cell phone has all the sensors to do it.

There are cell phone apps like eblockwatch that do it.

Hey Cat-I, why not change the thread title to "Another marketing con - Cyclelab this time"?

It will draw the right crowd.

MySOS is quite a handy app for just this. You specify who it must contact in an emergency; it sends your location. It also gives you the contact details and location of the closest hospital, fire station, sea rescue, fire.

Haven't used it, so no idea if it actually works - but the concept is cool.

MySOS is quite a handy app for just this. You specify who it must contact in an emergency; it sends your location. It also gives you the contact details and location of the closest hospital, fire station, sea rescue, fire.

Haven't used it, so no idea if it actually works - but the concept is cool.

yeah, I have MySOS.  I accidentally used it once while messing around just after I had downloaded the app and received some panicked calls from my emergency contacts.. So it does work. 

Yep you can use a phone. Only problem with that is when the nice man put his 9mm to my head it was the phone he was asking for.

Some little thing I could hide away I would carry. I ride a lot on my own.