Not even on technical track :whistling:

Man this is painful and uncomfortable.

Two weeks down four to go

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate I feel for you. I'm down with a repaired rotator cuff. Still have another 2 months to go.

heal up soon buddy, managed to break mine in 5 places - worst pain i've ever felt.

3months off the bike and 10kgs later was good to go

Know how you feel. Stuffed the wrist up a few years ago in a non cycling mess around, the doc said it had to be operated on asap so end of January(4 years ago) had the op and was in a cast for a few weeks. Most amount of argus training on an indoor trainer ever. Had already entered for R4S and emperors(it always used to be before argus) so rocked up to pick up my numbers(goodie bag) with the wrist in a cast :w00t:

Get well soon!

PS: why is it always 6 weeks????

Done my collarbone a couple times, last time in December 2014.

I was only allowed back on the bike in March, but I have bounced back faster than the previous time.

As boring as the IDT is, that really helped a lot with maintaining some level of fitness.

As boring as the IDT is, that really helped a lot with maintaining some level of fitness.

I second this! :thumbup: It WORKS

Broke mine crashing on mowed lawn too in the spruit.

Sucks ass, but honestly I was on the IDT 4 days after the plate was put in and spent 4 weeks on it, even did a few 4 hours LSDs on the IDT, I came out a stronger rider.

Turn this misfortune into an opportunity to use your IDT to the max. The results will make the bore worthwhile!

Edited by Patchelicious

iDT will have to wait a bit longer.

My arm is in a sling, didnt have a plate inserted.

Time to catch up on my reading

I have broken mine twice, the first time they "left it to heal on it's own" and I really struggled with it, the bone refused to grow back by itself, and it then after a few months they eventually put a plate in anyway.

The second time they operated a few hours after I had broken it, and it healed much better, not to mention much faster.

Personally, I will be very wary of a non-surgical route in future if (ok, no "if" with me, "when" ;)) I do it again.

iDT will have to wait a bit longer.

Time to catch up on my reading

How bad is the fracture? I would recommend the plate from a mobility perspective.

broken through, now slightly overlaping.

Dr friend of mine says it will sort itself out.

Says it is just going to take time

broken through, now slightly overlaping.

Dr friend of mine says it will sort itself out.

Says it is just going to take time

They told me the same ***, after about 5 months they landed up doing the surgery anyway...

Damm....... Feel your pain. Broke my left one 3 times and the right one once...... 6weeks I wish on no one.

Broke my left one about 1 and half years ago. I decided on the non-surgical option and let my body heal itself. First 3 weeks was uncomftable with the sling. Make sure you do the rehab exercises, I didn't initially and my elbow "locked" after 3 days, that was more painfull than the fall, and I fell 2 and a half meters onto my shoulder, head first with the bike then also hitting me. After 6 weeks I could ride easy, after 8 I was back on the trails. Doc said I healed very well and it was a good call not to opt for the surgical route.