Bibs for tall and skinny

igg

Anyone got any recommendations/shops in JHB? I'm 1.9m with a 32" waist. I find I pretty consistently fit a large and can sometimes even fit into a medium. My issue is that the legs are always too short so the leg grippers end up irritating the hell out of me. Some even look like I'm wearing hot pants (usually not a good look on a guy).

So far I've tried on First Ascent, Northwave, Velotex, Craft, Specialized. Spez thus far are the only ones where the legs are the right length. I'm trying to keep the cost under R2k / bib.

Anyone got any recommendations/shops in JHB? I'm 1.9m with a 32" waist. I find I pretty consistently fit a large and can sometimes even fit into a medium. My issue is that the legs are always too short so the leg grippers end up irritating the hell out of me. Some even look like I'm wearing hot pants (usually not a good look on a guy).

So far I've tried on First Ascent, Northwave, Velotex, Craft, Specialized. Spez thus far are the only ones where the legs are the right length. I'm trying to keep the cost under R2k / bib.

Santini works for me. Try the italian brands. they fit the tall and skinny better

Thanks for the suggestions; does anyone know stores that carry a lot of the Italian brands? I know cyclelab carries a bunch.

Assos is unfortunately out my price range, and the ones that were on special everywhere are completely sold out :(.

sounds like you have a serious case of borat-suit induced moose-knuckle.

post-32176-0-43095200-1429858740_thumb.jpg

in case you missed the memo, it's not the 1990's anymore - we have our own identity now and the entire mountainbiking world has moved away from spandex and are wearing baggies.

you can be as comfortable as this;

post-32176-0-73168200-1429859041_thumb.jpg

or you can look like this;

post-32176-0-87889200-1429859084_thumb.jpg

your choice.

ps. just a word of warning, don't go to the fox shop in centurion and try on their cycling shorts, you might be ashamed of how much you like them.

Well I don't exclusively ride mtb, nor do I enjoy chafing and flapping. I understand a lot of people wear bibs under ordinary, unpadded baggies for mtb in any case.

Either way, I need more bibs, and there's no risk of me ever looking like that last pic. Where is this centurion fox store you speak of, I have no problems feeling ashamed.

check out solomons, they have awsome prices on Assos bibs.

Although not cheap, once experienced you will not want to wear anything else.

Oh, and I wear them under my fox baggies , if I dont my legs look too hairy. :D

Well I don't exclusively ride mtb, nor do I enjoy chafing and flapping. I understand a lot of people wear bibs under ordinary, unpadded baggies for mtb in any case.

Either way, I need more bibs, and there's no risk of me ever looking like that last pic. Where is this centurion fox store you speak of, I have no problems feeling ashamed.

LOL

It's on the upper level at Menlyn (not centurion, sorry), and they are way cheaper than other outlets - saw my fox baggies that I paid R1000 for at sportsmans at the Fox store for R600!

They also have a wide variety of styles.

I've tried various cycling pants/shorts/lycra/baggies (on their own or in combination) over the last 25 years, and so far the Fox baggies are hands-down the most comfortable.

You think you got problems, I'm 1.88 and 28" waist. Out of the local manufacturers Lassen if I remember correctly work best.

assos make a longer leg

that's an optical illusion caused by your massively smaller wallet  :devil:

Archived