Hope 11 speed cassette

Christie

I see Hope is bringing out an 11 speed cassette, 10-42 of 10-44. It sounds like it will only fit Hope hubs, though.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Hope-boost-148-110-10-speed-cassette-11-speed-1-600x400.jpg

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/04/29/soc15-hope-10-and-11-speed-wide-range-cassettes-full-boost-hubs-and-wild-show-bikes/

Yep:

Hope Tech is nearing production of their new wide range cassettes which should be music to riders’ ears – if they are running a Hope Evo hub. That last part is the catch. Due to the nature of the 10t small cog, the designs hinges on the shorter cassette body of a Hope Evo hub. Since the 10t cog hangs over the edge of the freehub it simply won’t fit other hubs meaning for now this a Hope only affair.

Those that do have an Evo hub built into their wheels or plan on it will be able to take advantage of either a 10-40t 10 speed option or a 10-44t 11 speed cassette in the future. According to Hope, they plan on releasing the 10 speed cassette first since they feel there are far more users looking for additional wide range 10 speed cassettes rather than 11 speed at the moment.

Gear progression? It looks like there are quite big jumps between the last three sprockets.

Knowing Hope, this will probably be horrifically expensive. At present, it looks like Shimano is set to dominate the lower priced 1X11 offers, especially considering that there are no freehub restrictions for most new bikes. 

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have more info on hope's 10 speed 10/40T casette? Googling just bring up the same articles listed previoulsy and nothing on Hope's site ????

Gear progression? It looks like there are quite big jumps between the last three sprockets.

Knowing Hope, this will probably be horrifically expensive. At present, it looks like Shimano is set to dominate the lower priced 1X11 offers, especially considering that there are no freehub restrictions for most new bikes. 

This. just get the shimano cassette. I f@#@$ love Hope stuff, but a specific cassette for a specific freehub.....over that **** already

Does anyone have more info on hope's 10 speed 10/40T casette? Googling just bring up the same articles listed previoulsy and nothing on Hope's site

It might not be in production yet or their backtracking. Time will tell. 

It might not be in production yet or their backtracking. Time will tell. 

You were asking...

http://www.hopetech.com/eurobike/

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_7186.jpg

The larger 3 or 4 sprockets (depending whether it’s 10 or 11 speed) are again machined from a solid billet, but this time aluminium.

Ratios available are 10-40 on 10 speed and 10-40 or 10-44 on 11 speed, all keeping within the magic 20% ratio change between gears.

The seven speed cluster is produced from hardened stainless steel and is also used for our DH cassette

The steel cassette will be longer lasting and larger aluminium sprockets are replaceable.

10-40 10 speed – 250g

10-40 11 speed – 273g

10-44 11 speed – 284g

20% ratio changes

EDIT: No word on compatability with shimano freehub though

Edited by Renaissance Man

This. just get the shimano cassette. I f@#@$ love Hope stuff, but a specific cassette for a specific freehub.....over that **** already

so much anger?

Here's my thinking....

I don't like the non-crisp shifting of these 42T adapters and fiddling with the b-screw. I here the non-crisp shifting of my mates' 1x10 conversions. If I go 1x11 I need to change shifter, RD, etc. And the shimano 11-speed shifter is not yet available in I-Spec i (a) - fitting my XTR brakes. My hands are extremely small - so going back to non i-spec shifters where I have to constantly move my hands to reach the shifting levers is not an option. I need ispec a shifter. These will only be available in 2016. So another option is a 10 speed 10/40T hope casette. No new RD, chain or shifter. Fit casette and i have 'wide' range. The range difference between a 10/40 and a 11/42 is so small that one don't need the 42 (as you have a 10 vs 11 small). And I have hope hubs already. So for me this sounds (in my case) like a viable 1x option without having to settle for non-crisp shifting or having to wait till 2016 for i-spec compatible shifter and if the casette is a reasonable price it would porbably my cheapest option as well.

What about SRAM GX?