• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise for my manner. I may have been a bit sozzled.

However my observation still stands I can see the snow capped mountains but the variance in the background distance remains a puzzle.

Believe it or not but I read this thread often as it is inspirational.

I sincerely hope this is me just being a knob.

They say that truth is stranger than fiction . . .

Wendy doesn't like heights.

I got her to sit on (cling to) the bench with her back to "The  Drop" and I took her picture.

Then we swapped places but instead of sitting on the bench I (being a fearless Hero) stood right on the edge of the ledge. She got as close as she felt comfortable and took my picture.

Then there was quite a long lecture on how "it's the over confident people that always end up falling off cliffs" (she's probably right) followed by a nice walk back to the car. . . .

edit: as an aside, how amazing is it that a view is so stunning that it doesn't look real? And it's on our doorstep! 

#lovemylife

Edited by Bonus

thanks bonus, pretty much sums up everything thanks,,

again good luck,,head down grind on(not that you 2 need to be told that) :thumbup:  :thumbup:

You're welcome. Thanks for the support from you and all our "followers" on here - it means a lot to us.

Sorry guys we haven't been posting for a while and now we are posting loads.

The general costs of living here.

We have gotten by on about €1000 /month. That includes fuel for trips,accommodation, electricity. Everything todo.

When we were eating out not knowing that we would have a years wait nights out could cost €30/person. That's wine, a beer and 3 courses. Or a night out bar hopping with free tapas and lots of drinking. We have taken this down to under €20 for both. We only go out with friends and we will share a pizza and a few or more glasses of wine for me and a few beers for Bonus. (Wine is so much cheaper than beer so brush up on your wine tastebuds)

Now I've managed to get the budget down to about €800 a month including everything. Todo.

We walk a lot. Don't go out unless we have to see a friend and this includes me buying the occasional prawns for tapas or salmon. Cheese and cured ham is very cheap. Fish not so cheap. Lamb as usual is expensive. Pork very cheap and so is chicken. The Mediterranean diet and lifestyle is very cheap and healthy but when they party the expensive fish comes out. Paella is big for a special occasion.

So that's it.

If you planned on €1000 a month. Furnished accommodation and everything included you'd certainly have change.

That's a brilliant money management example. We are easily running 4 - 5 times that, although the kids are younger so therefore present and expensive.

Will squatting in the barn be allowed ? The current Zuma antics are making me have serious doubt of my daughters future.

Stand in line,,,I'm sure my Gardner(me),chef(wife),2 slaves(Angels well trained) angle was the first offer on the table

Will squatting in the barn be allowed ? The current Zuma antics are making me have serious doubt of my daughters future.

Stand in line,,,I'm sure my Gardner(me),chef(wife),2 slaves(Angels well trained) angle was the first offer on the table

Form an orderly que please . . . ., Dips at the front I'm afraid Slowbee.

Form an orderly que please . . . ., Dips at the front I'm afraid Slowbee.

No no Dibs is wanting to offer slave labour. I am just offering good 'ol souff african home squatter camp feel. You know, two families one shack kinda thing. Moral support for Dibs... who will land up supporting you.

I also wash windows very well.

And I can use photoshop, just in case.

Can you imagine what would happen if I started up a "shack-farm" on Ramons land???

lol

We saffas are friendly we will take him some feeesh

All i can say is...You guys rock...I sit and ponder my future options and reading both your posts gives me a proverbial kick up the backside.....

And....

How do you both sit with balls that big

We saffas are friendly we will take him some feeesh

Its paella, did you not read what Wendy and Bonus wrote?

Move the to the back of the que :)