This morning we met with the bank manager, who helped us prepare our responce to some enquiries from the banks head office "Risk Dept". Then later we spoke on the phone with the nice lady at the risk office answering what are hopefully their last few questions. Tomorrow I have to check a couple of things with the builder and get the answers back to the risk dept.

Edit: I might actually phone the lady at the risk dept. from the builders house while I'm there and let them speak to each other!

#finalfewhurdles

i really hope so  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....what you guys are going thru.....when it's all sorted and up and running. ...I have to come and visit. ...good luck guys...????????????

It's been a funny week this week. Monday was a Bank Holiday, as is next Monday - so everything was shut. The weather has been a bit weird - hot at the beginning of the week and then a day of cold where overnight temps dropped into the low minuses! Thankfully the sun came back today, albeit with a slight cold breeze.

So today we took a walk down to the river at bottom of Ramon & Rosa's farm. A neighbour lives down there who keeps horses, donkeys, goats, chickens and some dogs. One of whom had obviously recently had a puppy. This little guy was the cuddliest little thing ever - but judging by the size of mum, he won't stay that way for long!

By the look of him, he'd been sent to his room for being naughty. . . . .

post-4874-0-89571800-1493408914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

The problem with foreign dogs is when they chase me down the beach they don't understand one of the greatest words in South Africa, "VOETSEK"

LOL

3:30am and I'm preparing more documents for the bank . . . .

You sir should work ar SARS, or carte Blanche or on world peace you are the most persistent fella out there,

We've broken the Golden Rule of Farm Life and fallen in love with a little black lamb! He's one of three born about two months ago. The other two are white, which the majority of the babies are.

We've named him "Jack" as suggested by Wendy's daughter last night. After a week of getting used to us he now comes to us as soon as he sees us to get stroked behind the ears and under the chin 1f642.png Rosa actually asked me if we wanted to adopt him when she saw me stroking him the other day. I offered to buy him and keep him on the farm (rather than our apartment, obviously) but she said no, it's a gift. So now we have a pet - presumably she understands that we don't eat our pets . . .?

post-4874-0-78297900-1494520423_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-35045500-1494520431_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-82837900-1494520435_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

3:30am and I'm preparing more documents for the bank . . . .

A certain amount of comfort can be taken in the fact that bureaucracy and banks all over the world are the same????

This weekend there was a local "Rally Car" race.

They hold it locally every year. We managed to get up early and catch a good spot and then in the afternoon we got another good spot. The yare pretty impressive - was awesome to watch :-)

Another event to put in our annual diary.

https://youtu.be/WHFQunZrtDc

https://youtu.be/Wjm6q0kc7-4

https://youtu.be/IxSX7Kd4wr0

Edited by Bonus

Cherry Picking with Ramon & Rosa this morning at their friends cherry field. Going trail clearing with Angel now and then this evening I want to check out a new MTB route while Wendy teaches English to her student.

Not enough hours in the day! Luckily it doesn't get dark until after 9pm this time of year :-)

Cherry Picking with Ramon & Rosa . . . . You'd be surprised how many cherries you can eat in a day if you try :-)

post-4874-0-88527200-1495084421_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-00757300-1495084429_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-39808200-1495084437_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Two years ago today we left SA on our second "holiday trip" to Spain to search for a property.

The first trip, the previous year, had been to decide which region of Spain we would like to live in. This trip was going to be to find an actual house . . . .

It's been amazing . . . and challenging . . . and we're still busy getting there - but it's also been a lot of fun.

There's no one I'd rather be doing it with than Wendy :-)