The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

I'm having just as hard a time trying to pick my team (which won't be in line to win prizes - just doing it to see how I perform against everyone else).

Seeing some of the ideas/thinking on how to pick points - hope the real Tour riders know that they need to perform.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only see the teams no riders.

Selected winning team for TTT.

Saved but not showing .

When I go to Update entry there is noting showing and also do not have any riders to choose from.

Am I using the wrong browser?

On the Overview on the "FantasyTour" page, it states:

"With the exception of Stages 1, 9, 10, 20 and 21, the team with the highest total score for each stage wins the daily prize."

Does this stand, or are the daily prizes awarded as per Gerald's table in post #2?

Saved but not showing .

When I go to Update entry there is noting showing and also do not have any riders to choose from.

You have to select a team first in the dropdown menu for the riders in that team to show.

Repeat the process with other selected teams, then DRAG and DROP to the right.

post-1372-0-30828000-1435308583_thumb.png

post-1372-0-90319300-1435308647_thumb.png

On the Overview on the "FantasyTour" page, it states:

"With the exception of Stages 1, 9, 10, 20 and 21, the team with the highest total score for each stage wins the daily prize."

Does this stand, or are the daily prizes awarded as per Gerald's table in post #2?

It works according to the table... the highest score in the relevant jersey category, or the person in last place, or anyone that picked the riders in the break.

I will ask Admin to amend the wording so it sounds more like the table (see below).

post-1372-0-37993700-1435308810_thumb.png

So,

• Stage 2, 8 & 17 - the person with the most points scored on these three stages;
  • Stage 3 & 11 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the green jersey at the end of the stage;
  • Stage 4 & 12 - the person with the most points in the competition, at the end of the stage;
  • Stage 5 - anyone that picked RIDER(S) in the break on stages, 2, 3, 4 & 5;
  • Stage 13 - anyone that picked RIDER(S) in the break on stages 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 & 13;
  • Stage 18 - anyone that picked RIDER(S) in the break on stages 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18;
  • Stage 6 & 14 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the white jersey, at the end of the stage;
  • Stage 7 & 16 - whoever is in last place overall, at the end of the stage;
  • Stage 15 & 19 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the polka dot jersey, at the end of the stage. 

If there is a tie, then there will be a draw to determine the winner.

edit: corrected 4 & 12 wording - person who is leading the competition on the two stages. Added the words "at the end of the stage".

It works according to the table... the highest score in the relevant jersey category, or the person in last place, or anyone that picked the riders in the break.

I will ask Admin to amend the wording so it sounds more like the table (see below).

attachicon.gifdaily prizes.PNG

So,

• Stage 2, 8 & 17 - the person with the most points scored on each stage;
  • Stage 3 & 11 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the green jersey;
  • Stage 4 & 12 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the yellow jersey;
  • Stage 5 - anyone that picked RIDER(S) in the break on stages, 2-5;
  • Stage 13 - anyone that picked RIDER(S) in the break on stages 6-8 & 10-13;
  • Stage 18 - anyone that picked RIDER(S) in the break on stages 14-18;
  • Stage 6 & 14 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the white jersey;
  • Stage 7 & 16 - whoever is in last place overall
  • Stage 15 & 19 - anyone that picked the RIDER that holds the polka dot jersey. 

If there is a tie, then there will be a draw to determine the winner.

Perfect, thanks.

Saved but not showing .

Hi Cheese,

What web browser are you using? Older versions of Internet Explorer may encounter problems. If possible I'd suggest using Chrome or Firefox.

Worst case - send me a PM with your picks and I can update your team on my end.

Matt

With Stage 20 being revised (the Galibier no longer part of the stage), they have dropped the Cat1 climb, meaning their will only be KOM points available on the 2x HC climbs (with double points on the summit finish).

Old route (Col du Telegraphe - Cat1, Galibier - HC and Alpe-d'Huez - HC)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03081/stage20_3081331a.jpg

New Route

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2015/2000/PROFIL.png

Some dummies info on the Tour... it's Friday, after all.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/knowing-some-important-tour-de-france-regulations.html

Knowing Some Important Tour de France Regulations

Tour rules and regulations are detailed in race Articles. Listed in the Technical Guide, they range from participation to disqualification, medical care to prize money. Rules are written and detailed in French and English. Because French is the universal language in cycling (Lance Armstrong, for example, is fluent), French interpretation of rules prevails in instances in which a language barrier may cloud a definition... more

So as someone who doesn't follow international road racing but recognizes a few names, I have picked my team/riders.

What sort of chance does an uninformed person have. Wouldn't who is a sprinter or a domestique for example?

Oh well, should be a good learning experience

Is it just me or does this seem like the most exciting Tour in forever.  If Froome, Nibali, Quinata & Contafor can stay fit I will need to take my drifta to work daily.  Imagine those 4 duking it out.  Throw in Rui Costa, Valverde, Rodriguez and the troop of young talented Frenchmen this will be amaizng for the GC. This also makes it flipping difficult to choose a team :)

Is it just me or does this seem like the most exciting Tour in forever.  If Froome, Nibali, Quinata & Contafor can stay fit I will need to take my drifta to work daily.  Imagine those 4 duking it out.  Throw in Rui Costa, Valverde, Rodriguez and the troop of young talented Frenchmen this will be amaizng for the GC. This also makes it flipping difficult to choose a team :)

It is, last year was almost as big, until two of the dudes, bliksemed off their bikes.

Lets hope that they are all in it till the end..... However there are cobbles..... :devil:

And let's hope it's close enough that they attack each other stukkend on multiple stages.
How cool would it be if the jersey changed hands almost every day?

That's all I care about: that all the big name boychees are fit and healthy and in contention going into week 3.

Doesn't matter who supports who, I just want to see a proper mano-a-mano contest in the Alps once and for all, so we can finally see who's the boss.

Hi Cheese,

What web browser are you using? Older versions of Internet Explorer may encounter problems. If possible I'd suggest using Chrome or Firefox.

Worst case - send me a PM with your picks and I can update your team on my end.

Matt

Thanks ,

Yes will try from home tonight and see if I come right.

Otherwise I will send list to you.

Archived