Nissan Trialseeker Gauteng - Bundu Bash 30 May

Cas_1

Good morning, broke my frame last weekend so from the response I getting from the suppliers looks like I can't make it. :cursing:

Have a marathon entry.

If this is not taken yet, would like it please!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know the total elevation for the marathon? Haven't trained in over a week due to infection, so wondering if I will be able to complete the full 70?

Some more picture appetizers

10955522_915285081865091_308626797857869

I rode over it on Sunday, it's not that bad.

But if you're 133kg make sure you have enough speed going up and that you're in the right gear.

Does anyone know the total elevation for the marathon? Haven't trained in over a week due to infection, so wondering if I will be able to complete the full 70?

Apparently around 800m elevation gain. However not sure if just general estimate. Last years winning time around 2:31 so should be quite quick race with just a few climbs (“Okkies se pad”,, “Croc Trail” and “Mamba Climb” )

According to the profile it is only about 700m of climbing on the Marathon. The last time we were there we did 700m in 35km. I'm assuming we are not going through the entire Buffelsdrift then?

Yea they have put a lot of effort into their trails. Awesome place to go ride.

I'm not sure if all these will be on both the half and full marathon distance but they are now permanent features to be enjoyed in future as well. 

BOOYA! Well, when I last rode there, about 2 months ago, they were busy rebuilding and adding new berms to the supertube section, I really hope they are as awesome as promised coz that is all that section needs to really put the hammer down and do some low flying!

If only all the other places put half as much effort in as what Buffels does there would be  a massive hole in th complaints section on our beloved Hub

I'm in for the half, looking forward to it!
I read somewhere that the marathon will go over the container and the half will go through the container, but I might have my version of the events mixed up  :wacko: 

According to the event booklet the half will go over the floating bridge at the restaurant at wp2, so don't think the marathon will also pass over

Here is the link to the event booklet, if anyone wants to have a read through it
http://issuu.com/advendurance/docs/2015_trailseeker1_gauteng_booklet_o/1?e=10667991/12981521

Good morning, broke my frame last weekend so from the response I getting from the suppliers looks like I can't make it. :cursing:

Have a marathon entry.

Hi all, The entry is taken

Hi All. I'm desperate for a marathon entry. I'm more than happy to reimburse all costs. Please PM me if you something available.

Batches are out, starting my first marathon in D, super amped.

Starting in A...going to be epic!  :whistling:

Archived